Any update on compatible / incompatible RAM for T4220? (and BIOS question)

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by terry mc, Feb 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ApoXX

ApoXX Pen Pal - Newbie

Nice flanders, I have 4gb on my desktop and it runs great. I think 2gb will be pretty good for what I use the tablet for.

I'm thinking about getting Crucial 1GB 667 with a CAS of 5 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145048). It's micron based and seems to most closely match the model number posted by rhalin. The GSkill is tempting though since it seems to have gotten nothing but positive reports...

Could anyone running only stock ram download a utility called Cpu-Z and tell me what value they get for CAS# Latency under the Memory tab? I'm pretty sure Fujitsu is using CAS 5 sticks but there's a chance they could be using CAS 4.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. flanders

flanders Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, after using the G.Skill ram for a while it seems to be running without any trouble. And I use my tablet 10+ hours per day so that should give it quite a workout. It's mostly docked in the port replicator, so I guess I have 4gb in my desktop machine too :)

3. hamsterinwa

hamsterinwa Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm looking at getting this kit also. Do you remember which chips these modules use? I'm also considering a killer deal on Crucials, but they prob won't be a matched pair (and I've not heard of this company, but seem to have good reviews).

http://www.mwave.com/mwave/skusearch.hmx?&scriteria=BA24092

4. flanders

flanders Pen Pal - Newbie

Still working great on the G.Skill. but I'm not sure what the chips were. I know that Samsung came out of the machine though.

5. Boxcar

Boxcar Pen Pal - Newbie

Compatible:

MUSHKIN 996559
    4GB (2 x 2GB) 200-Pin DDR2 SO-DIMM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) Dual Channel Kit Notebook Memory

6. lavenderpup

lavenderpup T4220 Owner

How is consair ram in a T4220? I can't seem to find crucial. And I suppose samsung ram should work?

7. hamsterinwa

hamsterinwa Pen Pal - Newbie

Just before I placed my order for the G.Skill kit, I found Fry's deal (after rebate) on the OCZ kit, so I went with it. The 4GB seems to be working except for during the Vista install process (I did an upgrade to Ultimate). For some reason, the installation fails if it has 4GB, but works fine with 2GB and then I put in the second module. Strange ...

8. earllog

earllog Pen Pal - Newbie

I have a new t4220 tablet and I ordered the 4 GB kit (2GB x2) from Crucial and it did not work, each stick separately or individually. The computer turned on with the Fujitsu screen but would not boot up Vista Business. The sticks were only labeled "Crucial- made in USA"

Evidently not all their sticks are the same.

Has anyone used Corsair or Kingston 2 GB memory sticks and did they work?

9. quilzas

quilzas Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, I got a 2gig stick of Kingston OEM ram in my T2010 and it works like a charm. *shrugs*

10. bearfox

bearfox Pen Pal - Newbie

I have 4 GB of OCZ and had no trouble whatsoever doing an install with Vista Ultimate x64. In fact, I've done this twice.

Could this be a problem with the Vista x86 installer?