Any update on compatible / incompatible RAM for T4220? (and BIOS question)

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by terry mc, Feb 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhalin

rhalin Pen Pal - Newbie

Just got my T4220 and RAM today! The ram was ordered direct from Crucial using their configurator. The model number they gave me doesn't match what I received. I got two seperate sticks, each with the model number CT25664AC667.16FE I'm not sure if the .16FE is significant, but without it, the model is the same as the generic cheap OEM stuff they sell.

The chips on the sticks were Micron, and the sticks had both a Crucial sticker and a Micron sticker. I'll try to look at the micro model number to compare against photo's of the ram on Newegg.

The good news is that the both sticks of RAM worked flawlessly right after insert and booting into windows - 3.2GB detected.

I have to say, the only thing that really surprised me was when I replaced the harddrive. I had heard that Fujitsu used seagate drives rather then their own, but I pulled out a fujitsu 40GB.

Hope this info helps some people, I'll keep looking into if these are indeed the same sticks.

2. kureshii

kureshii Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Mine's on a Fujitsu drive too, 2080BH. It's not the fastest drive out there, but it sure is silent - I have to put my ear next to it to even hear anything.

As for the RAM, I'll have to go back and check, didn't remember seeing any prominent brand marking/sticker though.

3. pattertj

pattertj Tablet Tweaker

4. rupan

rupan Pen Pal - Newbie

It turns out the memory I had was GeIL. Not G.Skill. Anyways it did not work. The laptop wouldnt post at all. Always locked up in the bios. I guess its time to look in to something else. It was a set of GeIL 2X1GB.

5. rupan

rupan Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the tip. I just ordered two of them for my system. Gotta love Newegg.

6. kautilya

kautilya Pen Pal - Newbie

Not sure if this is totally relevant to this post, but I paired a 1GBx1 Samsung with the 1GBx1 Micron already in my T4220. And it works fine.

7. MR_fanny

MR_fanny Pen Pal - Newbie

will any of the mentioned ram work with the existing 2g ram that comes with t4220? or will i have to buy 2x2g of the same ram?

cheers.

8. ApoXX

ApoXX Pen Pal - Newbie

Can anyone tell me what the CAS latency is for the ram that the t4220 ships with?

I recently ordered a configuration with 1x1gb stick and am planning to purchase another.

Thanks!

9. SuperFlyBoy

SuperFlyBoy Scribbler - Standard Member

I would go with Corsair - I once had a problem with *stock* HP memory - bluescreening, even with replacement ones, and the Corsairs never blinked....

10. flanders

flanders Pen Pal - Newbie

I just put in the 4GB kit (2x2GB) of GSkill and it works great. Newegg has it for around $169 for the pair.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.