Any Up coming tablet with these features ?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by TheZoomCat, Mar 22, 2016.

1. TheZoomCat

TheZoomCat Pen Pal - Newbie

Any Up coming tablet with these features ?

Other then the 608 Gen 1 ?

1) At least a Z8500 Cpu
    2) 4Gig Ram
    3) 128Gig Hard disk
    4) SD Card Slot that supports 128Gig Sd Cards
    5) Usb 3.0
    6) 8 Inch Screen
    7) Gorilla Glass

2. JustM@

JustM@ Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm looking for the exact same thing but it looks like most of the 8 inch tablets have some deal breaking flaw. Was looking at the Dell 5855 (only 64gb though) as well as the HP 608, but they both seem like there are still quality issues that need addressing.

3. swanlee

swanlee Scribbler - Standard Member

Nope, nothing coming up and everything currently out that meets those spec's is a buggy disaster.

Read my thread here where I literally spent 4 months and thousands of dollars buying every tablet that met the specs you listed and ended up returning all of them and then bought a Surface 3. I also wanted an 8 inch windows tablet that exactly fit what you are describing.

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/threads/hp-608-g1-comparison-impressions-a-long-journey.69321/

They all have Wifi issues, touch screen problems, battery life concerns are over priced buggy and will leave you frustrated when using them.

Basically if you want a tablet with the spec's you are listing you need to wait a year or two. In the mean time the Surface 3 is a good reliable well performing tablet even if it is larger than our needs but it is pretty light and thin

ATIVQ likes this.
  4. alisaad619

alisaad619 Scribbler - Standard Member

the closest thing to what you listed is dell venue 8 pro, it check all the boxes except the 128gb of storage.

the new 9inch ipad pro is another option that might work for you.

all the effort for Windows tablets is focused on the 12 inch size, Microsoft need to make a surface mini to energize the 8 inch segment

5. swanlee

swanlee Scribbler - Standard Member

The new Dell is a disaster, look at the Dell forums here almost all of the people who bought them returned them.

The Dell has BSOD issues and touch screen issues where if you lay the tablet flat the touchscreen stops working. It also has only around 4hrs battery life

The HP 608 which fits his needs I had two of these and both had horrible issues with Wifi Drivers and currently Firmware 1.08 and 1.09 causes touch screen lag which makes the tablet almost unusable.

The 3rd tablet that fits his need is a slightly older Thinkpad 8 made in the UK that has 4GB ram and a 128GB drive. You can track one down on Ebay but don't bother, battery life is less than 4 hrs it uses an awkward full sized usb 3 connector on the top of it and it feels like it will shatter in a million pieces if you drop it. also had wifi issues.

Seriously learn from my mistakes their is no 8 inch Windows tablet with 4GB ram and 128GB drive that is worth keeping. They all suck, they all have driver issues of some type and wifi problems combined with touchscreen issues and bad battery life. Even if you gave me these free I would not use them as they are frustrating.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
    sitongia and alaskajoel like this.
  6. Latcie

Latcie Pen Pal - Newbie

What swanlee said.

I did have a pretty good time with HP Envy Note 8, though. But it will check basically none of the requirement boxes for you.

7. alaskajoel

alaskajoel Scribbler - Standard Member

I gambled on an hp 608 and completely regret it. I don't use WiFi a ton on my mobile other than syncing one note at the end of the day, so the WiFi issues don't affect me as much...but the touch lag and overall pen experience are complete deal-breakers.

Take swanlee's advice and avoid all of them. A frustrating device is not a productive device.