Any tablet pc supporting Windows 7 64 bit?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by deijudicum, Feb 11, 2011.

1. deijudicum

deijudicum Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi there!

I´m trying to find information about if there is any Windows 7 64 bit supported tablet pc out on the market or planned in the near future.

Is there anyone on this forum that can enlighten me on this question?

Thanks, Dave

2. PhotoMuis

PhotoMuis Scribbler - Standard Member

There are loads... but do you prefer a slate or a convertible? Among the newest slates the Asus EP121 comes to mind, in the convertible range there is the Fujitsu T730, HP 2740p, Lenovo X201t, etc. etc. etc. To give you better advice, we would have to know whatyou want to do with it, what price range you looking at, etc. That is why there is a form to fill out in the "What TabletPC should I buy" part of the forum:

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/wha...ld-i-buy-form-must-filled-out-post-forum.html

Copy&Paste it to a new thread and add your answers, then we could narrow down the search for you.

And perhaps take a look at this thread first, to get to know more about the different types available:

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/wha...ll-you-ever-wanted-know-about-tablet-pcs.html

3. Agent 9

Agent 9 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

To further what PhotoMius said; those Tablet Pc's mentioned (and many others) are essentially quite powerful Laptops that have a swivel screen (or are simply in a slate form). They are full fledged computer, that can run any full windows OS and almost every single application (except for the most demanding ones, such as high end stock-exchange software- but a powerful Tablet PC would be able to handle those, but only to a point)

Buying a used/ refurbished high quality Tablet PC can be very cheap, and the best way to get the most "Bang for you Buck".

4. Frijj

Frijj Pen Pal - Newbie

Think i found one.
    PaceBlade are bringing one out soon, the SlimBook D240.
    might be a bit pricey though

8GB Ram :eek:

5. Ian426

Ian426 Pen Pal - Newbie

Wow, the specs on that are spectacular. i7, Wacom, allegedly non-awful battery life...

...of course, roughly 3,000 euros makes it a wee bit on the pricey side. Still, if it lives up to what they say, that is one serious piece of hardware for a slate.

6. Giacomo UCDS

Giacomo UCDS Tablet PC addicted

Yes. I tried it last month at CeBIT and it is great, one of the best tablet I ever seen. And it have a Wacom Digitizer with 4-finger capacitive multitouch, it is the only Wacom Tablet PC with this functionality.

7. Krelian

Krelian All about the T5010/T900

Are they still using the UD/Penabled technology for the digitizer or something new/different?

8. Giacomo UCDS

Giacomo UCDS Tablet PC addicted

The pen is the same, sweet, old, Wacom Penabled.
    No info about the capacitive touch, I'm sorry...

9. excalibur1814

excalibur1814 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

i wonder if the docking connector could be used to connect another battery!!?