Any styluses coming on market to compete with Wacom?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by michaelws, Jul 30, 2017.

1. michaelws

michaelws Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I just came across a fun little program, Expresii, which simulates an Asian flavor water-based media. Really nice and I am not a watercolor enthusiast. Stylus tilt could play a bit part in this program. On my Wacom Cintiq Companion and Intuos 4 using an Art Pen by Wacom it really does some magical effects. On My surface Pro 4 I get neither tilt nor rotate. I know that rotate is only available, as far as I know, with the Art Pen by Wacom but I thought tilt was becoming more common in third party styluses. Am I wrong?

Are there any styluses coming down the pike that will make advances in these areas or is Wacom the only alternative?

Thanks

Aman likes this.
  2. Aman

Aman Scribbler - Standard Member

As far as emergence of any new pen tech is concerned ,it's quiet unpredictable.

Even if you have a advanced pen tech released into market it will take quiet a while to be supported by major PC makers and softwares/apps especially if it's from a unknown or least used brand .

The new surface pen on new surface pro now supports tilt and hopefully with the driver updates on SP4, the new surface pen will soon support tilt on the SP4.

Thanks to Microsoft, this great awesome N-Triq tech has now evolved quickly inspite of suspicions from old folks who like to keep on calibrating instead of real work on the go.
    The slow speed jitter on new surface with new surface pen has reduced drastically.

AES was a result of success of NTrig on SP3.

Hopefully AES active pen 3 will have tilt thanks to tilt on new surface pro with new surface pen.Another prediction on AES active pen 3 is further reduction in jitter thanks to competing new SP pen .

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
    michaelws likes this.
  3. michaelws

michaelws Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Thanks for that reply Aman. Am looking into the AES pen.

Aman likes this.
  4. Aman

Aman Scribbler - Standard Member

Observe what's coming up in the market with next gen of AES.

I would not hurry up landing up somewhere not entirely satisfactorally.
    I want to see Tilt on next gen AES.

And please anyone inform if and when new surface Pen will support Tilt on the SP4 through a driver update.

Sent from my TA-1021 using Tapatalk

michaelws likes this.