Any solutions for lack of quick brightness/volume sliders?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by spinedoc77, Mar 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spinedoc77

spinedoc77 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I finally put Win10 on my SP3, build 9926. I'm flabbergasted at how much I don't like it so far, but it's a preview so I will hold out hope. One thing I'm VERY much missing are the quick brightness/volume sliders which used to be on the charms screen, they are nowhere to be found. The automatic brightness setting is garbage and I've never used it, preferring to quickly slide the brightness up or down from the charms bar. Now the display button in the notification pane simply brings you to display settings. You have to drill down quite a bit to find the brightness slider. Not that it's a solution, but even the keyboard function controls don't work to control brightness, although even if they did it would do nothing in tablet mode.

Anyone have a solution, reg hack, tweak or at least acknowledgement from MS that they will reimplement this?

2. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

3. XJ12

XJ12 Scribbler - Standard Member

Googled this if it helps:

"power options control panel: tap the battery icon, then tap on the adjust screen brightness link and then there will be a brightness slider at the bottom of the control panel that pops up."

seems that this is a common SP3/Win10 issue without keyboard

4. spinedoc77

spinedoc77 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

5. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

I'm not sure about the grammar here, but congrats on the new office at least, and (briefly?) welcome back!

As for the lack of an easily accessible brightness slider, that's one of the things that works badly right now. There's a separate thread on how awful tablet mode is in the Win10TP. Things will very likely improve, but some changes look frighteningly final.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.