Any Samsung Notebook 9 /w S-pen Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals?

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade and Tablet PC Deals' started by okieiam, Nov 26, 2017.

1. okieiam

okieiam Scribbler - Standard Member

Any one? Black Friday and no any news.
    15.6" EMR would be a great estate.
    Open box, used, scar, any mean as well as it boots.
    I'm still looking for a chance to get one at a good price
    Less than $700 if possible.
    Anyone can help?

2. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Sadly, I think that window closed a few months ago now, and will probably stay closed for the next year at least. With new hardware, you have to think quick on your feet and buy early while promotions are happening.

Once they've hit the early adopters, (like me!), if positive reviews start rolling in and risky stock levels drop, they know they can afford to sell off the remaining units at the regular ticket prices which more cautious people are willing to pay. -I mean, I managed to buy mine for $890! But today, even the open box deals are in the $1100-$1200 range. That's life.

There's a chance the prices may drop a touch as newer units hit the shelves, but it looks like BestBuy was successful in their order planning, and have moved through their last-gen stock in time for the release. The new units are so similar to the old ones that they perhaps don't feel the need to artificially promote their popularity by creating a loss leader bump.

Also, be careful of anything which looks too good to be true. There are a bunch of older $800 N9P machines on eBay, but those ones don't have stylus ability. You can tell they don't when their screens are 15.6" rather than 15".

Sorry, mate! I suspect you're out of luck with the N9P for the time being. -That upcoming HP Zbook X2 (with the Battlestar Galactica book corners) might have a lower-price sales window when it gets released in a few days. -Though it's such an expensive machine, even a few hundred dollars off will still put it out of reach for many wallets.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
    okieiam likes this.
  3. thatcomicsguy

I just noticed that right now (today is December 4), Samsung is selling their new base model 8gb version of the N9P 15" for $899 direct from their website.

https://www.samsung.com/us/computin...-pro-15---256gb-ssd--8gb-ram--np940x5m-x03us/

It looks like one of those promotional windows I was talking about in my earlier post has opened up for their new N9P model. Keen! I doubt this will last long. The N9P is normally in the $1200-1300 range.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    okieiam likes this.
  4. Starlight5

Starlight5 So what if I'm crazy? The best people are.

Did anyone stumble by teardown of this beast, or its 13" counterpart, by chance?

5. thatcomicsguy

The back comes off pretty easily but I've not seen any detailed teardown.

[​IMG]

There's this video which shows how the back comes off and how to swap out the SSD:

I've not had mine open yet, (apparently I get a little more cautious when dealing with $1000 hardware than I am with cheap parts from eBay), but it looks fairly straight forward.

I'd be curious as to the cost of battery replacement. I've not looked into that yet, and probably won't until mine starts to age into the frustration zone. -But it looks like it will be easy enough so long as the part is available.

Starlight5 and okieiam like this.
  6. Starlight5

Starlight5 So what if I'm crazy? The best people are.

@thatcomicsguy thank you very much! Replaceable storage is great, but soldered WLAN is a major disappointment for me. )'= That is, unless cheap 4TB & larger m.2 SSDs become available soon. (=

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  7. thatcomicsguy

What impresses me is how.., little there is inside these $1000 boxes!

-I mean, I get it. Each one of those little black rectangles represents entire industrial bases and cities made out of clean rooms, etc...

But still...

There's only really a few standout items in there; a very modest little mother board, two big honk fans, that battery sledge and a couple of speakers. When I was a kid, I had battery-operated electronic games which had more intimidating guts! (Well, not really, now that I think about it...)

No, wait. Actually, I DID! -There was this one "video" game called, "Blip" which was basically 'Pong', but it was a wind-up device with a little LED on a mechanized arm! It was analog pretending to look like a computer! That was brilliant!

Progress, eh?

There was another article a few threads distant where the big news was a 512 Gb micro SD card. Yowza.

okieiam likes this.