Any recommendations for top of the line art workstation desktop computer?

Discussion in 'Artists' started by michaelws, Sep 29, 2017.

1. michaelws

michaelws Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Thanks again Shizaru...

2. Komatsu

Komatsu Pen Pal - Newbie

If I was going to buy a prebuilt machine I would buy a corsair one. It is fast, isnt this clunky huge tower, has custom watercooled video card and processor so its nice and quiet. The thing is its not expensive if you consider whats under the hood so its a good value and everything is all put together on top of it.

3. michaelws

Where do I find these models Komatsu? When I look up Corsair I get computer parts but I cannot find any pre built. Or does pre built mean to assemble my own? I am not tech savvy enough to do that right now,

4. Komatsu

Komatsu Pen Pal - Newbie

5. michaelws

Thank you! I put it on my Amazon wishlist...the 32gb model when it comes in. Out of Stock right now.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  6. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Hey Michael, I recently ordered a desktop PC for similar workloads with the additional need of being able to handle After Effects and 2D animation/4k editing.
    I got a ton of useful advice that would apply to your search as well here: http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/threads/help-stone-decide-on-next-yuge-purchase.71651/

I use a dual screen setup with a 22HD cintiq and a 34" Dell curved ultrawide display and its amazing for productivity!

michaelws likes this.
  7. michaelws

Thanks Stoneseeker. I have just had a moment to glance at your link. It seems most of that is a DIY thread. I will read more of it tonight. What did you end up getting? I am going to order new stuff at the end of this month. I will pick up the Wacom MSP Pro. The 16" i7 with 16 gb ram. I will hold off on another Cintiq until their new 32 coms out next year. So I have some time with getting the desktop.

Thanks for posting your link. I look forward to reading it tonight.