Any place to actually buy Thinkpad 8 with 4gb Ram and 128gb hard drive?

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by swanlee, Jan 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swanlee

swanlee Scribbler - Standard Member

Well that was a nightmare, after arguing with the seller he finally agreed to a return then he got the tablet after I paid shipping back and accused me of sending him a different tablet, I told him to reset it up and compare the product ID's and the serial numbers, I was on the phone with ebay and they forced a refund, after that the guy said the serial numbers were the same. Duh, how many Thinkpad 8's with 4Gb ram and a 128 GB drive with the 4g/LTE adapter are their in the USA? Maybe 5 units? What a lamer.

Every bit of my experience with this Thinkpad 8 from start to finish was a complete and total nightmare and I'm glad to be done with it and have my money back.

I ordered a HP 608 4GB/128GB drive a few weeks ago, HP says it will arrive at the end of the month. Hope this one works out cause it is my last option to ever hope to replace my Acer W4

Even if the HP doesn't work out at least I bought it directly from HP and will deal with them on a faulty unit.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  2. hlov

hlov Pen Pal - Newbie

I got mine, second hand one from London. It's very fast. I have installed vs express and runs pretty good. Just a couple of things that I don't like. It gets hot and the battery life is very poor

3. swanlee

swanlee Scribbler - Standard Member

Yea that's the way mine was to,ran hot and only got about 3-4 hrs of battery life at most. Wasn't worth it. The paper specs of this tablet don't live up to the real world use of it.