Any news on the XT?

Discussion in 'Dell' started by chucky2, Dec 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g2tl

g2tl Scribbler - Standard Member

it's light-weight, has both active and passive digitizer (non-wacom, but most people are not artists), actually has both the stick and the pad, has an led backlit screen, supposedly lasts 5 hours, actually has hardware buttons on the screen that you can't miss...
    if that's trash, i don't know what's not trash

oh, and i personally love dell's keyboard layout
    I loooooove my x61t's type experience, but I still hate the ctrl-fn and esc layout

2. Vandyu

Vandyu Pen Pal - Newbie

Have I told you how much I miss Simon & Garfunkel, too? Man, those were the days. Joan Baez, PP&M, Gordon Lightfoot, ABBA, and Elvis (live and in the flesh in Memphis). Geez, where did the years go?
    Anyway, I'm waiting for Dell to produce a dynamite tablet. Sure reluctant to buy another Gateway anything.

3. F-Ram

F-Ram Pen Pal - Newbie

well, its the 5th of November and still no news of the Dell Tablet. Am starting to think that its vapour ware!! Am starting to feel like a donkey being led by a carrot on a string. The anticipation is just killing me.

4. jgjackson

jgjackson Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm especially feeling like a donkey because my backup choice (Gateway C-120X with 1.2GHz processor) is no longer available. I wish I had gone ahead and bought one a month ago instead of putting it off until the Dell came out. Now I have no choice but the continue following the carrot.

5. cooljoe10

cooljoe10 Football Star(slotback)

i dont know why i am saying this but i am predicting a november 9 come out date cause its a friday and people have been in the dark for too long.

(I WAS WRONG)

6. aeview

aeview Pen Pal - Newbie

Heads up, I just read on Dell Blog that XT will have 1.8" hard drive, not 2.5"!

What a joke! It will be unusable, 4200rpm is painfully slow, especially under Vista.

When will Dell learn? Lenovo made same mistake releasing X41 with 1.8" drive.

7. jerejo

jerejo Pen Pal - Newbie

I have been told the release date is December 9th. The delay I was informed of was caused by the glass shortage a few months ago.

8. MTXR

MTXR Pen Pal - Newbie

i think it was wise for me to stop waiting for the dell tablet to come out. It seems dell is gonna botch this one up. Hopefully Apple comes out with something extremely remarkable and i can move to that from the lenovo x61t.

9. jared2

jared2 Scribbler - Standard Member

Any idea if they will make one with a DVD-RW drive? It really bugs me that there's no DVD drive. I know you can cary a portable one, but the built in ones are so small now, it would only add a couple of ounces!

10. lebhaft

lebhaft Pen Pal - Newbie

sorry but there should be no optical drive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.