Any New Solutions to the Low Internal Microphone Volume?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by cyberbiker, Oct 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deanhosh

Deanhosh Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks Cyberbiker,

Unfortunately all I got was the XP version with the tablet. So I don't even have a Vista OEM version to try to resolve this issue.

Thanks
    Dean

2. prowsej

prowsej Pen Pal - Newbie

I upgraded to the latest version of the audio drivers, as recommended in this thread, and it changed the volume for recording so that my recordings of lectures in Onenote went from being unusably low to merely rather low, but actually usable now. Thanks for the recommendation! : )

3. Arik

Arik Pen Pal - Newbie

I am new to this site, and didn't know this thread existed. I wrote a small review of the tx2500z and in there mentioned fixing the microphone and speakers. Not sure if it will work for you guys, but someone did ask me what "tweaks" I did. I wrote a few replys explaining the settings I have. Like I said, I am not sure if its what you guys are looking for, but my microphone responds to my typing and the noise from my DVD drive now.
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/showthread.php?t=21121

Let me know if it helps anyone

4. cyberbiker

cyberbiker Scribbler - Standard Member

Realtek HD Audio Codec Driver R2.07 works great for any who wish to upgrade.

In the message of 17Jul08, I had suggested that, if you are having problems with audio, you
    1) uninstall any Realtec software in the Programs and Features control panel,
    2) open the Device Manager control panel and uninstall the Realtec driver within the Sound, Video and Game Controller section,
    3) restart the computer, then
    4) install the latest HD Audio Codec Driver from www.realtec.com/downloads .

If you are updating from a version of the Realtek HD Audio Codec Driver that is working fine, it still must be uninstalled and the computer restarted before installing a later version. If you don't uninstall using the Programs and Features control panel, the Realtek installer will uninstall the old driver and instruct you to restart before re-executing the installer for the new driver.

For reference, here is a list of the Realtec driver updates since Jun08. HP only posts driver updates once or twice a year, but the drivers from the Realtek site work just fine. You'll find the version number (6.0.1.xxxx) by looking at the driver version in the Sound, Video and Game Controller Device Manager.
    + = good, # = problems, ? = unknown.

+16Oct08 Realtek High-Definition Audio Driver R2.07 v6.0.1.5717
    +12Sep08 Realtek High-Definition Audio Driver R2.04 v6.0.1.5700
    ?4Sep08 Realtek High-Definition Audio Driver R2.03 v??
    ?18Aug08 Realtek High-Definition Audio Driver R2.02 v???
    +11Aug08 Realtek High-Definition Audio Driver R2.01 v???
    ?29Jul08 Realtek High-Definition Audio Driver R2.00 v6.0.1.??
    + 16Jul08 Realtek High-Definition Audio Driver R1.99 v6.0.1.5667
    # 8Jul08 Realtek High-Definition Audio Driver R1.98 v6.0.1.56??
    + 3Jul08 Realtek High-Definition Audio Driver R1.97 v6.0.1.5653
    # HP sp39787 28Jun08 Realtek High-Definition Audio Driver R1.95 v6.0.1.5636A
    # HP sp38206 28Jan08 Realtek High-Definition Audio Driver v6.0.1.5494A
    + 21Jun06 High Defininition Audio Device Driver 6.0.6000.16386

5. Arik

Arik Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the tx2500z,... and the sound crackles and pops... I disabled band "a" and it seems to have stopped completely. Is this a hardware issue where the 5gHz messes with the speakers or a driver issue where installing new WiFi drivers or audio drivers would fix this problem. I would like to have the option to use 802.11a with out feeling like I am being punished for the speed upgrade of draft N...

6. cyberbiker

cyberbiker Scribbler - Standard Member

Sounds like hardware. but to test it, I'd try the following:

1) Uninstall any Realtec software in the Programs and Features control panel, uninstall any other drivers within the Sound, Video and Game Controller section, restart and install Realtek High-Definition Audio Driver R2.04. If that doesn't correct the problem, try 2).

2) Uninstall any Realtec software in the Programs and Features control panel, uninstall any other drivers in the Sound, Video and Game Controller section of the device manager, restart, then match settings with another tx2500 owner who isn't experiencing the problem.

If it still persists and HP Customer Care doesn't have any other software solutions, they'll let you send it back for warranty work. Good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.