Any New Solutions to the Low Internal Microphone Volume?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by cyberbiker, Oct 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lowlife

lowlife Addicted to gadgets

I have done the upgrade following the suggestion to uninstall the original drivers first, and everything now works perfectly. I did have to go into the settings and crank the boost feature to max.

2. Archangel

Archangel Pen Pal - Newbie

Good to hear; definitely do this sometime this week :)

3. pff1029

pff1029 Scribbler - Standard Member

Anyone tried the R2.00 driver?

4. cyberbiker

cyberbiker Scribbler - Standard Member

Where are you seeing that driver date and version?

Click on the Driver Tab of Control Panel>Device Manager>Sound video and game controllers>Realtek High Definition Audio and you should get the window below.

[​IMG]

5. newooub

newooub Pen Pal - Newbie

do those drivers (R2.00, etc) work for TX2500 or just TX2000?

6. cyberbiker

They should work for any windows machine. Unfortunately, R1.99 is working so well, no one who has tried r2.00 has posted the results yet. R1.99 will definitely work in the tx2500. R2.00 should too. Just read this thread and follow this recommended installation method.

Then let us all know how it works out.

7. newooub

newooub Pen Pal - Newbie

Installed R2.01, & it seems to work fine so far; the mute button turns orange when muted, the speaker & headphone swithches properly & the build in mic works (I don't currently have external mic). I installed it in similar way as the recommended way for intalling the new video driver mentioned in another thread.

8. Deanhosh

Deanhosh Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi All,

I having this problem too and am stummped. I am pretty technically savvy and beleive there is a setting that I cannot reset or another audio program causing the problem

I have a Fujitsu T4220 with the HD realtek chip

I have
    - uninstalled the driver,
    - Uninstalled the Realtek audio manger,
    - rebooted and gone back to the MS driver,
    - cleaned the registry of all references to RealTek

Then tried about 5 different drivers for Vista,including the ones from RealTek 2.02, 1.99, 1.98 , 2.0 and the manufactures' ones.

All have the same results. The microphone works but is really really low volume. With 30+ DB gain and max vol, you can shout and barely be heard over the static.

Any suggestions? I heard the Xp drivers might work, but I hestiate. I wonder if pluggin in to the microphone port might do something to the volume setting.

--I have various audio software: Skype3.6 , YIM, MSN IM and Adobe Audition 2.0

When I got the tablet it worked great, then it started getting lower, then it went unusable. I was able to fix it once by uninstalling SKYPE and then going back to the driver update on the Fujitsu site. But now it is not working again and the same solution don't work.

Again, short of a clean install I am open to suggestions. (BTW I have scraped the web and know this is not aFujitsu specific problem; moderator, this thread might belond in Hardware)

Thanks
    Dean

9. Deanhosh

Deanhosh Scribbler - Standard Member

How bad is this?

Well I did a clean install of Vista, this time using the 64 bit version.

The default Microsoft, and the RT 2.02 drivers both exhibit the same problem. It is as if something in the hardware is set or non of the drivers are really installed.

In the past this has happened in XP and it is usually a driver issue where the OS does not give power to the mic pickup. Still working on it.

PS: Sleep mode now works and the system is overall much faster. Especially the Java app I use. About 2x

10. cyberbiker

Situations like this in the clean install threads in this forum and http://forum.notebookreview.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3 caused me to reinstall from HP restore, then uninstall all the bloatware I didn't want, rather than do a clean Vista install even though I have a clean Vista 64 disk. Seems HP puts certain key files in the some of the c:/setup installation packages that make clean installs time consuming to fully resolve. Wish we could help more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.