Any New Solutions to the Low Internal Microphone Volume?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by cyberbiker, Oct 1, 2008.

1. cyberbiker

cyberbiker Scribbler - Standard Member

Don't install R1.98. I started having problem again after a couple restarts:rolleyes: so I returned to R1.97, which works great.
    1. Yes. See the procedure in the fifth paragraph of this message for the process.

2. Yes. The mic improves. Others tell me they can hear me as clear as a bell on Skype. the YouCam videos are of a good volume level too.

2. R1C47

R1C47 Scribbler - Standard Member

What about the one that was released yesterday(R1.99)
    also, is the R1.97 that you're talking about the ATI HDMI Audio Device that I see there in the site? is the audio by ATI?

3. cyberbiker

I have been selecting "HD Audio Codec Driver" on the lower section of the right hand menu of http://www.realtek.com/downloads , then choosing the "Vista Driver(32/64 bits) Driver only (Executable file)".

R1.99 is probably a fix for the problems I mentioned earlier with R1.98. Haven't tried it yet and won't until I get a break in biz. Skype is my business phone so a working mic is critical and R1.97 works perfectly.

When installing new Realtek versions, it seems best to uninstall the Realtek drivers using Control Panel>Programs and Features, then restart, letting your computer automatically install the default sound drivers, then install the new Realtek version (and restart).

4. R1C47

is this it?
    [​IMG]

5. Archangel

Archangel Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for clarifying this!
    I'll see if i can install the drivers this weekend; hopefully by then someone will have tested R1.99 to see if that's better.

6. gordoncahill

gordoncahill Scribbler - Standard Member

1. No. But the program did it for me. A reboot was required before I could load the new version.
    2. Seems a bit louder but Voice Recognition is still terrible even with a headset mic.

Gordon

p.s. Both the orange mute indicator and the auto switch for plugging in headphones/microphones are working properly for me.

7. cyberbiker

Sorry, I misunderstood your question. Not the ATI version. Realtek only posts the latest version of their High-Definition Audio Driver. That's why I recommend you download the exe file and save it before installing it. Save the the last version that works until you are sure a later version works just as well.

To get R1.97 or any older version, google "Realtek R1.97 Vista" (or XP). Here is one download location to get it:
    http://www.vaguetech.com/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=258

8. cyberbiker

Good news. The Realtek High-Definition Audio Driver R1.99 (download HD Audio Codec Driver here) works perfectly. It switches automatically between headset and laptop for the speakers and microphone, and the Mute Button turns orange when muted. Volume remains stronger too. It also installs the Realtec HD Audio Manager in your Notification Bar that gives you more options in sound. You can access new options in the Enhancements Tab of the Speaker or Recording Properties of the Sound control panel too.

Due to past problems, I uninstall my current Realtec driver and restart first, before I install an update. By uninstalling and restarting, the laptop installs the oringinal windows default driver by Realtek - High Defininition Audio Device Driver 6.0.6000.16386 dated 21 June 2006. The new installation occurs over that.

For reference, here are some of the versions relevant to our tablets and recent Realtek updates. Seems neither HP version has worked well. The version "6.0.1.xxxx" is the version number you see if you look at the driver version in the Sound or Device Manager control panels.
    + = good. # = problems, ? = unknown.

18Aug08 Realtek High-Definition Audio Driver R2.02 v???
    +11Aug08 Realtek High-Definition Audio Driver R2.01 v???
    ?29Jul08 Realtek High-Definition Audio Driver R2.00 v6.0.1.??
    + 16Jul08 Realtek High-Definition Audio Driver R1.99 v6.0.1.5667
    # 8Jul08 Realtek High-Definition Audio Driver R1.98 v6.0.1.56??
    + 3Jul08 Realtek High-Definition Audio Driver R1.97 v6.0.1.5653
    # HP sp39787 28Jun08 Realtek High-Definition Audio Driver R1.95 v6.0.1.5636A
    # HP sp38206 28Jan08 Realtek High-Definition Audio Driver v6.0.1.5494A
    + 21Jun06 High Defininition Audio Device Driver 6.0.6000.16386

9. R1C47

Awesome, thanks for the reply and for the link and for the news and for the table.
    anyways, thanks.

10. lowlife

lowlife Addicted to gadgets

That is interesting, I just checked my driver and it is Feb 2008 v6.0.1.5567. Did I get a different stock version?