Any M285's received yet?

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by Djarvis, May 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Djarvis

Djarvis Pen Pal - Newbie

:eek: Just wondering if anyone has gotten one of these fabled machines? . I ordered mine (2GHz, Mobility 1400, 1GB 667 dual 512's RAM) on 4/27, with an estimated delivery date of 5/19. On 5/19 I got an e-mail saying it would be on or before 5/30. Daily checks of the Gateway order status site still show it hasn't been even started yet.

I am glad to hear that people are by and large happy with their M275's / C26XX Gateway convertibles. It seems to me from looking around the web that people either love their Gateway's and service, or hate it. So it was a bit of a gamble to order one. The deciding factors for me were Core Duo power for Dragon Naturally Speaking, ATI Mobility for Photoshop Elements, and the 14" wide XGA screen, which I think will be easier reading text on my middle-aged eyes than the SXGA of the competitors.

When mine is received, I'll try to send a review of it in. In the meantime, I'm curious to hear what others think of theirs (if any yet).

Waiting for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow....

2. Djarvis

Djarvis Pen Pal - Newbie

Just an update here - this AM, when I checked order status, it was still "Order Processing".

But after work, it was "Shipped". It left Shanghai at 10am, and arrived Anchorage at 1235 on FedEx. Should hopefully reach me in the next 2 days then. Go Gateway!

I'll try to post a review after I receive it...

3. master

master Pen Pal - Newbie

Great news, very exciting.
    Looking forward to reading your review or at least your initial thoughts on this model that I've already heard positive things about.

4. Djarvis

Djarvis Pen Pal - Newbie

It should be delivered tomorrow. Will take pics and do a brief review ASAP...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.