Any Known Fujitsu and Treo Bluetooth Problems?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by jerrmorn, Jul 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jerrmorn

jerrmorn Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the 1.83 GHz because I wanted the bluetooth but I would have gone with e the 1.66 if it had the bluetooth in the retail preconfigured version.

2. Murph

Murph Pen Pal - Newbie

jerrmorn,
    I had the same problem with my Treo 650. Apparently the Bluetooth stack that is provided by Fujitsu is made by Toshiba. After doing some quick research I found that the Toshiba Bluetooth stack is used by a number of Laptop manufacturers and it does not work well with some Bluetooth devices. The solution for the Treo (and presumably some other Bluetooth devices) is to ditch the Toshiba stack and let windows use its MS Bluetooth stack. This presents another problem in that Windows does not auto recognize the T4210s built in Bluetooth radio by default.
    So....... here is a brief rundown of what you need to do to get windows to recognize the T4210’s Bluetooth radio and install the MS Bluetooth stack: (This is by no mean comprehensive, but it’s all I have time for right now):
    1. Uninstall the Toshiba Bluetooth stack in Add/remove programs section of windows
    2. Add the following line to the file: C:\WINDOWS\inf\bth.inf (under the section of the file called [Toshiba.NT.5.1]) - see attachment

TOSHIBA Integrated Bluetooth 4= BthUsb, USB\VID_0C24&PID_000F

3. Reboot.

4. Windows SHOULD now find new hardware and install the MS Bluetooth stack to control the T4210’s Bluetooth radio. This will allow you to use your Treo’s DUN capabilities.

!!Disclaimer!! This worked for me, but if you attempt this it is at your own risk!

Hope it helps!

Attached Files:

3. jerrmorn

jerrmorn Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks - I had given up on an answer. I will try it and let you know.

4. caeci11ius

caeci11ius Moderator Moderator

Funny that you say bluetooth was not installed by default on your machines...came preinstalled on mine (Australian version). As for the default install being minimal, while it certainly didn't have a lot of crap software installed, it did have a few things one wouldn't have expected in a minimal installation such as DVD player software, burning software etc. I made my own tablet pc edition disk with integrated sata drivers and wiped the lot.

5. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Interesting point here caeci11ius, was your tablet ordered as a 'Fujitsu Siemens' or 'Fujitsu'.
    Certainly the Fujitsu Siemens models are being shipped with different configurations than the Fujitsu models.

6. caeci11ius

caeci11ius Moderator Moderator

Ordered as a Fujitsu, as far as i'm aware Fujitsu-Siemens is a European thing. I will add though that the software installed wasn't ****ty...the only really annoying thing I found was some sort of packet-writing cd driver installed that messed with my ability to make a normal cd...I found that after I wiped it, I put almost everything back on (except I swapped the cd software for Nero and didn't put a dvd player bakc on as WMP does a perfectly ok job of it unless you want multichannel sound which is quite pointless on a laptop).

7. naish01

naish01 Pen Pal - Newbie

Here in Switzerland (Fujitsu-Siemens) BT is not installed either by default, nor the DVD player nor much more else either. But all the CD's are included (Norton Ghost, Nero, WinDVD, Toshiba's BT, SmartCase logon (instead of Omnipass).

What i've found as well is, that some of those install packages are as well installed under C:\Addon - so you don't need the CD to install them - or said differently, uses up additional space. :)

Pascal

8. Dale

Dale Pen Pal - Newbie

Murph may have almost done the impossible! I have not been able to connect either a Logitech or a Microsoft BT mouse to my 4220 - I believe it is the same problem he refers to as involving the Toshiba Bluetooth stack rather than the Microsoft stack. I've been unable to find or activate the MS stack after removing the Toshiba stack. I followed his procedure and the MS stack appears to become activated - but it still can't find my mouse. My mouse connection (using the BT USB antenna that came with the mouse) stopped working until I removed the line Murph suggests adding to the bth.inf file.

I am thinking that that particular line worked for the Treo but a different line is needed for the MS mouse. Fujitsu has already given up on solving this problem. Anybody have any ideas of a line that would permit my 4220 to find the MS mouse without my having to use the USB adaptor?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.