Any Known Fujitsu and Treo Bluetooth Problems?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by jerrmorn, Jul 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jerrmorn

jerrmorn Pen Pal - Newbie

I recentlty got the T4210 and have been really struggling to get my Verizon Treo 700p to connect via Bluetooth (for both hotsyncing and broadband access). I can pair them and even had it working once for a bit (for broadband) but haven't been able to get it to work again. I spent (truly) 1.5 hours on the phone with Verizon and then even did a conference call to Fujitsu for another 1/2 hour. Finally, Fujitsu said they would send a ticket to their tech department but haven't heard anything in days. I can connect no problem via usb - but bluetooth is much cooler (and when it did work it was almost as fast as the usb connection).

Is this a known problem at all? Has anyone here connected their Fujitsu to a Treo? If you have, did you use the Toshiba driver/software or did something else do the trick??

Thanks

2. Jessdog

Jessdog Pen Pal - Newbie

I just got my 4210 yesterday and was going to try and setup bluetooth but didn't see "bluetooth devices" in the control panel. The intel radio control center doesn't mention bluetooth in it. Where did you find the bluetooth setup screen???

3. jerrmorn

You have to manually install the drivers that are on an additional CD (don't ask me why).

4. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Unlike Toshiba who install every known software to man on their tablets, Fujitsu's approach is different.

Their logic is different in that the OS remains minimum.
    That way the system runs faster, loads quicker and you get to install exactly what you need.
    Not everyone will want BT so to leave it off I suppose is a fair comment. :)

5. jerrmorn

I agree with you P8RSON and appreciate their leaving the OS as clean as possible. It just seems odd that if you order bluetooth then you would obviously want to use it. Its not a big deal at all... just interesting.

6. P8RSON

You mention you ordered BT jerrmorn, most interesting....:)

I thought it was now shipped as standard on all their T4210's but left in the box for personal installation?
    Certainly the UK market is just that.

7. jerrmorn

P8RSON - The low end T4210 retail version doesn't have bluetooth. For me personally, the only reason I stepped up to the mid level model was for the bluetooth.

8. P8RSON

Where exactly did you purchase the tablet from jerrmorn?

9. jerrmorn

I got mine from Newegg - I ordered early. It wasn't the best experience and even though they were cheap I would probably order from somewhere else next time.

10. P8RSON

I see.... thank you.

The UK spec for all models are BT as standard.

Do you happen to have the 1.66MHz model?
    This was the only one I believe that did not have BT as standard....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.