Any good adjustable stands for Mobile Studio Pro 16?

Discussion in 'Artists' started by michaelws, Oct 9, 2017.

1. michaelws

michaelws Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

About ready to buy the MSP 16 and would like to get a good adjustable stand for it. I have a Companion 1 and the stand that came with it is usable but I think it could have been better. if the one Wacom is coming out with for the MSP is the same I would still like to find a lightweight alternative to it.

Thanks for any input on this.

2. DaniJoy

DaniJoy www.danijoy.com

check out the flipsteady. i have one, its nice once you get it figured out. not sure how durable it is yet as ive only had it a month or so.

3. michaelws

Thanks Danijoy...I will take a look at it tho it seems a bit pricey for what I want.

4. DaniJoy

DaniJoy www.danijoy.com

very true. it is pricey. but it also provides extra protection for the device while traveling. before i got my flipsteady, i had to RMA a broken screen that happened while my MSP was in the official soft case!

I travel allot so its peice of mind. and its a amazing case. so many adjustable positions and its very stylish. good luck on your search!

michaelws likes this.
  5. michaelws

Thanks DaniJoy. That's a pretty good recommendation! You got me to reconsider!

6. michaelws

I am going to buy the Flipsteady this Wednesday. Isaiah said he could have it ready to ship early November. I will hopefully be able to make the MSP 16 purchase by November 1.

7. michaelws

Just pre-purchased the Flipsteady!

DaniJoy likes this.
  8. michaelws

Disappointed in Flipsteady. Not the product for I haven't got it yet. I am very disappointed that the company (I know it is basically a one-man operation) does not respond to its customers or at least he does not respond to me. I have not been pushy nor have I been impolite but not to get any reply at all makes them look worse than Wacom tech support. He did reply almost immediately when I wrote inquiring about buying one but that was it. Nothing at all now that he has my money.

Here is his quote when I bought it and it is the reason I purchased so quickly, because he said it was good timing and he could have one shipped out by a certain date if I could get my order in right away. I got the order in within hours of his reply. And also because members of this forum touted the praises of his product. And this forum has been a real godsend for me in the past over many issues.

The email quote pasted;

Awesome!! It’s nice to know that people are singing about the FlipSteady..

If you order now, I’ll ship early in November, so it’s good timing..

Thanks, and please let me know if I can help with anything else.

Isaiah

Again I am sorry to have to post this here but maybe this will at least get him or someone working with him to reply. I am not demanding and never asked him to rush it, just to give me a quick heads-up as to the status of my order. So this post is for the benefit of those considering this product. This lack of communication is troubling.

9. DaniJoy

DaniJoy www.danijoy.com

is the for the MSP 16? im surprised he is still so back logged. I had a similar issue with the pre order. he was way late. ultimately it was worth the wait especially after seeing the crappy stand Wacom just released. Find his facebook page and try communicating to him there. he was very active on his page. i would link it but i deleted my facebook a month ago.

ck

10. michaelws

I too keep quitting Facebook. And I hate going back in for almost any reason. I hope it is worth it as everyone attests...but it is bad business to not communicate with your customers. Wacom too makes good products but I fight constantly with their tech support department. Only makes me hope there is competition to them so I will not have to put up with the poor service. I mean what happens if I have problems with the flipsteady once it arrives? My fear, do to this lack of communication, is that I will be very lucky to get any replies if I get a defective product. I hope you are right Danijoy and I will love my flipsteady when it finally comes. Still I will always have to warn anyone, if asked, to not expect good customer support.