Any experience with installing Windows 7 beta 1 in a T5010?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by adretzios, Jan 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adretzios

adretzios Scribbler - Standard Member

If anybody has any experience installing the Windows 7 beta 1 in a T5010, I would like to know of any potential issues that they may have encountered and the resulting effect on the laptop (slower, speedier, easier to work with, etc, etc).

2. kostasls

kostasls Pen Pal - Newbie

I am using windows 7 beta for a week now at my T5010 without any major issues!
    Done some tweaking , customization , enable all orientations :)

My specs are P8600, 4GB crucial, 32OGB Seagate momentous, atheros wifi!

Problems i run to:

1. Softex software isnt working but no problem for me as i dont use the fingerprint :)

2. Wireless network cant transfer files bigger than around 50MB from my XP pc to my windows 7 when im trying from the tablet. As soon as i go to my desktop pc then i can send the files to my tablet without problems!
    Have tried many different drivers but doesnt seem to be drivers problem.Now using modded atheros drivers 7.6.1.162 :)

3. When i go to tablet pc setting from control panel cant callibrate the digitizer but from the Pen Tablet Properties no problem :D
    Have installed the wacom driver 5.0.6-7 and then the latest fujitsu!
    (question i have seen somewhere about the sensitivity for pen, i have a "tip feel" menu there is that the one?)

if you need to know more feel free to ask me :D
    Windows 7 are just great! :D
    Heres a screenshot!
    http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/6551/t5010screen3zn0.png

Attached Files:

3. aretzios

aretzios Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks, this was quite helpful. I have a few questions:

1 - Why install the latest Wacom driver and then the latest Fujitsu tablet driver? (one may think that the Wacom driver is redundant).
    2- Antivirus and Firewall: it is welll known by now that Norton Internet Security 2009 does not work with Windows 7 (Symantec stated that it will tweak the suite for Win 7 when Win 7 has been released). What have you done for security?
    3. Is there an easy unistall function that would allow one to roll back to Vista SP1?
    4. Did you do a clean install or did you upgrade the Vista Business SP1 (or XP Tablet Edition) of your machine? If you did a clean install, did you have to install all the drivers from the Fujitsu disk or did Win 7 find all the drivers?

Thanks again for the reply

4. kostasls

1. Because i read somewhere that if you install that specific wacom driver you can enable pen sensitivity! After playing with the order of the installation wacon-fujitsu i saw by doing it that order in my control panel i still had the pen tablet properties where i could find and change "pen tip fill" :)

2. Im using ESET NOD32 for now without any problem :) As for firewall i just use the windows one and a combination router-mikrotik.

3. Well you can make a ghost image with a third party software and when you want to go back just use that image :)

4. I did a clean install :) I used the fujitsu cd drivers for vista just to be sure that everything will work :) I download also from the support page driver updates and used some others too :)

Problem
    I think it has happened before but i guess didnt notice it that much or maybe i forgot about it :p but when i write too quick in TIP sometimes it freezes for a few seconds :( (This was caused by the new driver from Authentec for windows7 I rolled back to the microsofts drivers and everything goes smooth. The new drivers (app) was causing a 45% cpu usage!)

5. explicite

explicite Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi, I'm assuming you installed the 32-bit version of Windows 7. I ran into some trouble with installing the 64-bit version as I can't seem to find all the drivers for the T5010. Does anyone have any links for those? I was able to get a few 64-bit versions by check the other notebook models, but not all of them.

6. deek

deek Scribbler - Standard Member

You can try looking for 64bit drivers on the Fujitsu page for the T2010. Most of the devices that can't be found by Windows 7 default are Fujitsu specific items.

7. explicite

Yeah, I did that but a few of the drivers have different versions. Most of the 64 bit drivers on the T2010 seemed dated based on version numbers or are different drivers altogether between the two. I did download a couple though.

I also got some 64-bit drivers by checking the N7010 notebook section.

8. dkaiserlt

dkaiserlt Pen Pal - Newbie

I installed Windows 7 32-bit version and wanted to find out if anyone know what needs to be installed to get the orientation to automatically switch from portrait to landscape when you rotate the screen, and I have four "other devices" showing up on device manager. Fingerprint Sensor, SM Bus Controller, Unknown device, Unknown device. Any ideas what drivers I need for these devices/hardware.

9. kostasls

I also installed 64 bit in the beginning but after having a very difficult time making all the devices to work (and using older versions of drivers) i thought it would be better to switch back to 32 bit for the time being.

dkaiserlt cant help you with the automatic rotation as i switched it off. I don't like it:). As for the unknown devices best to do is enter fujitsu DVD with the utilities and check there which drivers and tools you want to be installed.

Problem No2 (network transfer) solved:
    open the Command Prompt. Choose run as admin
    type in: netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
    Reboot and problem solved!!!

10. explicite

For SM Bus Controller, you need to download the INF Chipset file from Intel. I think for the T5010, you choose the one for GM45 series. Right click on the .exe file and run it as Vista compatible file.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.