Any comments on on the HP Pro Tablet 608?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Avenger, Aug 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avenger

Avenger Scribbler - Standard Member

It seems the tablet is coming more commonly available. How's the speed of the Cherry Trail processor? Does it seems about the same as a Surface 3? Also, for legacy apps, how is the screen scaling if you enlarge it 150%? I'm a bit worried about how the high resolution screen will make legacy windows apps look. Also, does anyone know when the stylus will be released?

2. Avenger

I've read some comments about the tablet in the other threads. What do you guys think about the 2GB RAM model? Is it worth getting? Or is the amount of RAM too little for Windows 8 and 10?

3. twitfri

twitfri Scribbler - Standard Member

I have had Windows 8.1 tablets with 2 GB RAM before and they worked absolutely fine for light uses. Some heavy apps would crash once in a while and was not suited for heavy multitasking obviously but it wasn't too bad. I don't see why they would be any worse with Windows 10.

4. Avenger

I don't think I will be using any heavy apps. The most is watching some videos with a media player. Sometimes on my old tablet, on a big video file, it stalls a bit when I skip around in the video. But I think that may because it has to load from disk a bit. I don't know even if there were tons of memory, a video player would load the whole file at once into memory. I'm talking about on the order of a 1-2 gigabyte video file.

As I stated in the other thread, I received the stylus but I don't have the tablet yet. I was alarmed a bit that in the stylus's instructions, it states the pen turns off after 10 seconds. Yoiu have to either press the button or touch the screen and lift to turn it on again. That sounds a bit clumsy to me. I'm waiting to see if anyone who has both the pen and tablet can comment on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.