1. You may have noticed that TabletPCReview looks a little different. That's because we've moved to a new, streamlined platform, XenForo. Have yourself a look around and engage with your peers. Should you encounter any bugs or issues, please post them in this thread, so that we can prioritize and fix them. And feel free to let us know your opinions of the new site.

antivirus?

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by cater, Sep 22, 2010.

1. cater

cater Pen Pal - Newbie

do any of you use antivirus on your tablets? does it slow performance? do you notice things take longer to load?

I cant decide whether or not I should install ESET NOD32 or not... let me know what you guys think !
  2. JackofVancouver

JackofVancouver Pen Pal - Newbie

Definitely install ESET NOD32. If you have it, it's heuristics catches viruses before there's a definition for it. It should be much more powerful than Microsoft Security Essentials.

It's also not resource intensive. It even has a gamer mode that reduces latency even further for gaming.
  3. drex

drex Pen Pal - Newbie

comodo antivirus. geat. free. complete
  4. guiri

guiri Moron!

My nod goes to NOD32 and yes, pun intended. Great stuff. I use comodo firewall though :)

Never get any virii :)

Also, unlike Norton, NOD is VERY unobtrusive and doesn't slow my $hit down/
  5. Agent 9

Agent 9 Scribbler - Standard Member

No, I do not use any Anti-anything. I think it uses up resources and NEVER has done anything for me but use up resources. I haven't even seen any of my friend's software catch anything that isn't obvious (like a single process taking up 50% CPU, and is named or created by something weird; which is simple enough to "eliminate"; usually it is the Anti-virus acting like a virus using up system resources and slowing you to a crawl)

Smart browsing/ management routines for Windows 7, coupled with Linux OS for any other browsing of untrusted sites, ect... (Linux is completely invulnerable to everything :) ) is the perfect system.
  6. Kyle Porter

Kyle Porter Veteran Moderator

Personally, running a copy of Windows without any virus protection is a very horrible idea. As a technician in 3 different computer stores, the number one thing I see is virus removals. My preference goes as follows:

Free: Microsoft Security Essentials combined with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
    Paid: Tough choice between Panda and NOD32

I've had Panda catch viruses not even known by Kaspersky, NOD32, and MSE. Unfortunately it can be a little resource hungry at times.