Annoying things with the T4310, looking for a fix

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by gabrezu, Nov 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gabrezu

gabrezu Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi, I just got the T4310 and there are some stuff I find annoying and was wondering if I could fix.

First, the touchpad has too many functions. The top side can make Firefox go back and forward by sliding left or right. Now, imagine my frustration when I type a full post on a message board such as this one, try to post it with the touchpad and accidentally make Firefox go back one page which happens really often and lose everything I typed. Also, the left side of the touchpad is able to change the font size and again, it changes the font size by accident way too often. Damn, if I wanted to change font size, which I never do, I would use ctr and wheel. I do not care much for horizontal scrolling. All the function I want with the touchpad is to be able to use it like a damn mouse and have vertical scrolling.

When I put the table in table mode, the screen orientation automatically goes to primary portrait. I was wondering if there is a way to either not change the orientation at all or determine another default orientation.

2. bait

bait Pen Pal - Newbie

all the mouse settings should be available in control panel. assuming it's synaptics, there should be a dedicated tab in the mouse options that lets you customize everything, including tap zones, scrolling options, etc.
    as for the screen orientation, with the older t5010 you had to use a fujitsu utility to save the screen orientation corresponding to the current mode (i.e. normal laptop or tablet). i don't know if it's the same for the t4310. if not, i'd assume the settings are available in the tablet settings in the control panel as well.

3. RazzNuts

RazzNuts Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi Gabrezu,

Both of issues you mentioned above are just matter of settings :)
    I have T5010, I suppose the settings available won't differs so much.

Since you didn't mention what OS you use, so the procedure I'm going to explain might be slightly different in your T4310 (I.e if you use 7, this is for Vista).

First

1. Go to Control Panel -> (Hardware and Sounds ->) Mouse
    2. Switch to Synaptic Tabs
    [​IMG][​IMG]

You can try to experiment with the setting until you're satisfied with it. Reducing the touch sensitivity might help to prevent accidental gesture.

Second

1. Go to Control Panel -> (Hardware and Sounds ->) Fujitsu Tablet Control

Fujitsu categorized orientation & resolution display as profile, based on what mode the notebook on. So you have to replace your desired orientation, in the corresponding mode (in this case tablet mode). (change the orientation using the dedicated button).

[​IMG].

EDIT : Oops, :D Bait replied first.

4. gabrezu

gabrezu Pen Pal - Newbie

NICE! That fixed everything. Thanks all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.