Annoying Intel POP UP add

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions and Site Help' started by CaptKirk, Mar 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaptKirk

CaptKirk Pen Pal - Newbie

I realize this site depends on Adds to help support itself BUT my god, do they have to slam them (adds) into our faces. I'm referring to that annoying Intel Add floating from bottom of the screen. Yes you can X it but the dam add POP back the second you do anything, and then it floats with your screen scrolls. For me, this add is having reverse effect, at this point I can't stand Intel.....

Site owners or managers, please have mercy uon us,,, do somthing about that add please.

I'm off my soab box now, so those of you that love that add; have at and start throwing rotten eggs. :)

2. CaptKirk

Bumping message because the Intel add is a major PITA

3. excalibur1814

excalibur1814 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

4. Aman

Aman Scribbler - Standard Member

The adds disturb,while reading threads and mostly when signing in the forum.Change the location of adds and the way they appear here.

No problems with adds unless it does not disturb signing in or while reading threads excessivlely.
    The forum needs to post adds to let it earn money for keeping the website Domain Name lease/ownership active.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  5. CaptKirk

This site owner must really be hard up for $$$. The POP up adds they allow are really annoying... NOW if you haven't noticed, the POP up adds block you from logging into site. I can't count the number of time I've accidentally hit them ending up on an add I don't want to read. As soon as I find another forum with similar interest I'm out of here...

6. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

When does it pop up? I'm not seeing it. The ads I see are staying where they belong.

Unless you really need Flash, you might want to turn that off. That will eliminate the more obnoxious ads, and be easier on your processor too. For Chrome, put the following into your browser's address bar to get to plugins, and then disable Adobe Flash Player.

chrome://plugins/

Fwiw, the last time there was a really obnoxious ad, there was a thread on the NBR sister site. I recall it getting fixed shortly after. I don't see a thread there about this though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.