Anniversary - Upgrade Y/N?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by thatcomicsguy, Dec 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Hm.

But stylus and touch screen workings...

If I upgrade, what changes can I expect to see?

For instance, I find at the moment, when I go to engage touch screen stuff, (rotating, pinch zooming in Clip Studio), that there's a pause enough to make the first try never work. Is that different now?

How about stylus glitching? -Sometimes when I go to draw, instead of appearing under the nib, the line will start several inches away where my finger might have brushed the screen. Has that sort of thing been given any attention?

That's the only reason I'd consider blowing a day (or possibly more) installing AU, -and possibly risking the system lock up problems some people were reporting.

2. messiah

messiah Scribbler - Standard Member

U can try the the lite version 1607 by sasnet for desktop and old laptops . I am using it now. It lacks some built in win 10 functions like reset and storage spaces but works fine without the bloatware. App store works. Ms office works.

http://www.sasnet.eu/2016/08/Micros...-Cleaned-By-SasNet-torrent-free-download.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
  3. messiah

I have the full official win 10 installed on my Asus vivo Tablet. The symptoms u describe are still there but lesser.
    Apparently its something to do with how flash storage devices work..
    However the symptoms are still there even in the desktop win 10 which I recently installed. However I followed his steps and it was cured : http://www.nxhut.com/2015/01/storah...howComment=1481550040187#c7280686118448047243

Have not tried on my tablet. Will do so soon.

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  4. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Hmmm. Those are definitely not common behaviors. Maybe it's your i3 straining under the work load or it could be something hardware specific.

5. messiah

Check my post above yours. Yeah its something to do with how Windows 10 works with storage devices.

Check that link I gave.

6. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Um, I would really caution against installing that custom build on a tablet. From the link, you can see several key services removed: Tablet PC component and the Pen & Ink component. Both are critical for a properly functioning Windows tablet.

If you really want to remove some of the default features, I would recommend examining disabling items in the "services.msc" config panel or turning off non-essential features in "Add/Remove Windows Features".

If you really want an easier "simplified" tool for this, you could try Ultimate Windows Tweaker.

Generally all changes made in the above methods are reversible, so there's no risk of toasting your work install.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  7. messiah

Well I stated that this build is for desktops and not tablets.

8. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I'll give that a shot when I'm not in the middle of deadline chasing. Later today.

Glad there's a thread to pull on! It would be brilliant if I could solve some of this stuff without a major overhaul.

I really don't think it's an i3 straining issue. I've honestly found no real instances of noticeable slow-downs for any of the crunch-heavy tasks I perform, (I kinda suspect the divisions between core speeds are largely a price-point cosmetic anyway -for most users at least-), and I think with a UI interface task, especially one driven on dedicated chipsets, that Intel's CPU limits should have little to do with it.

In the past, people were trying to kill stroke lag and such on the old Win XP machines by upping their CPU power, when it was only ever a matter of driver conflicts and un-tweaked settings.

I'm betting (hoping) it's something similar now.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  9. messiah

Actually my desktop is only core 2 duo. It can run Windows 10 well.

10. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

Never had those kind of problems on my machines.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.