Andromeda. Discuss

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by djas, Jul 24, 2018.

1. djas

djas Graffiti User

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
    sonichedgehog360 likes this.
  2. FZelle

FZelle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Exactly like that.

When you are on the road and need to do something occasional, you can use the second screen as keyboard or write with a pen.
    When you do some serious work just connect it via USB-C/Thunderbold to the big setup.

djas likes this.
  3. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

YES! But of course, Nadella can't see the use case; just as blind as Thurrott, Foley, and other like-minded journalists who can't think beyond the four corners of a laptop device.

Guess we'll just have to make due with a 10" Surface "for as small as we can" Go.

sonichedgehog360 and djas like this.
  4. djas

djas Graffiti User

I don't have the time of day for those dinosaurs (Thurrott, especially). They don't have an inkling of what pen-computing is all about. They don't represent my use case.

This is a topic dear to me. If MS managed to release this with the promise of built-in telephony, I will get one, no question.

As it is, I'm currently using GTA10SP as both a phone and Moleskine replacement. Works well. But I would like a Windows machine instead. Then, both my work and personal devices can be condensed to just one device.

With the VivosmartHR and a BT or wired headset, I'm all set

Here's hoping.

5. dstrauss

It really makes me wonder if @Bronsky 's solution is part of the equation - go Galaxy Note but pair it with Galaxy Book to get Samsung Flow support and cut all this crap down to TWO devices (one of which is in my pocket at all times).

djas likes this.
  6. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Well I doubt in productivity mode you'd sacrifice half the screen as a stand. Either the keyboard comes with a stand, or the device itself has a stand to prop it up.

But then again, I think for real productivity you'd hook it up to the ever more common TB3 dock. At home I already have a dock set up for my X1 Yoga 3, so it would take half a second to connect a USB-C phone/phablet and use it like a full PC if the Yoga isn't on hand.

djas likes this.
  7. djas

djas Graffiti User

This, maybe?:

androdesktop.png

8. dstrauss

I'm more with @JoeS on this one - tie it all together with Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C style port) and hold nothing back; no Miracast lag, etc....

djas likes this.
  9. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Something like that. I'm still hoping the actual device (if ever released..) will have a foldable display rather than two separate displays. If it's a foldable display, it would make more sense to open the tablet to 'full screen view' for productivity. Maybe they can come up with some clever kickstand design for that mode.

That'd be my preference, but I'm pretty sure that they'll support both wireless and wired docking.

djas likes this.
  10. djas

djas Graffiti User

Choices' cool, aint't it? I'm always of the opinion that if it works for you, that's all there is to it.