Ammunition for negotiations

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by Ghengis, May 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tcp_dpm

tcp_dpm Pen Pal - Newbie

Office Depot is going to have the HP Tx2000Z on sale next week (starting 5/25) for $599.99

If you aren't interested in this model, maybe you could use it for negotiations with Gateway for pricematch.

Here is the link:
    http://officedepot.shoplocal.com/of...umber=1&rapid=549131&prvid=OfficeDepot-080525

HP Pavilion Touchscreen Notebook Computer with AMD Turion 64 X2 Dual Core Mobile Technology TL-60
    SAVE $500
    $599.99**
    After $320 Instant & $180 Mail-In Savings, In Store Price $779.99**
    This offer is not yet available
    May 25 - 31

Your computer. Designed your way.
    Office Depot® Computer Design Station — PCs built to the most important specs of all. Yours.
    Convert handwriting to text with built-in stylus
    • 2GB DDR memory
    • 250GB hard drive
    • Reads and writes DVDs and CDs plus LightScribe™
    • Integrated webcam and microphone
    • Fingerprint reader
    • Windows Vista® Home Premium Edition with Service Pack 1
    • Integrated 802.11 b/g wireless LAN with BlueTooth® technology
    Captures handwritten notes
    12.1" BRIGHTVIEW
    TOUCHSCREEN
    Model TX2000Z

Hope this helps someone

2. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

Wow, these things are becoming incredibly cheap.

3. thefinalgamer

thefinalgamer i miss my tablet

son of a gun i just bought my tx1000 wed and now they do this i wonder if i can still return my tablet

4. Spartikiss

Spartikiss Scribbler - Standard Member

You should be able to... Just tell them it's not what you expected... Most places such as best buy or office max offer a 15 replacement for computers.

-Spart

5. nikecar

nikecar Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

they won't price match..

6. Grimnir

Grimnir Think tank & Designer Senior Member

I doubt gateway would pricematch but they may budge on price a little bit more than previously. They will not let a C142XL go for that cheap. They would lose money I am sure.

7. Ghengis

Ghengis Pen Pal - Newbie

I wish they gave full specs. Does it have the bluetooth module? How much extra will it be if not? Webcam? 802.11n? Can I go up to 3GB of RAM? How much is shipping?

I'm going to head out there today and see. I'll report back with my findings =-)

8. Grimnir

Grimnir Think tank & Designer Senior Member

Do tell, becaus if its that cheap I may just buy it to use as a temporary tablet till the montevina platform comes out

9. Ghengis

Ghengis Pen Pal - Newbie

OK, here's the deal: if you go to techdepot.com, you can configure your own system using the tx2000z as a base. It's pretty similar pricing to what you'd find on the HP website, with one or two minor differences -- some upgrades might be slightly cheaper or more expensive, and I got a "12 inch reversible sleeve", which I don't remember seeing direct from HP. IF you order the exact same thing in the store while the special is going on, they will knock $320 off the price, plus there's a $180 MIR. Shipping is 50 dollars, and AFAIK would cost the same if you did site-to-store, which they strongly discourage.

I know you have to do it from the store to get the discount, because I almost didn't do it the right way. I set up the configuration I wanted, but was going to check about some extras with my wife, so I printed out the configuration to bring and show her. The printout has a unique identifier to enter on techdepot.com which will let you buy that configuration from home. I went to the website while still in the store and entered the number, and the price was a lot higher. If you don't do the custom order from their in-store system builder app, you do not get the instant rebate.

I paid ~950 at the register with some upgrades (+1GB of RAM to make 3GB, the aforementioned sleeve, and something else that escapes my mind at the moment), after MD sales tax. I will file a $180 MIR, for a grand total of $770 -- I cannot believe I'm getting a tablet this awesome for so little money.

I might post back to this thread after the PC actually shows up -- if I remember....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.