American buying from Canadian Dealer

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Kayla, Mar 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kayla

Kayla Pen Pal - Newbie

I have been searching around for the best price for the R1 and it looks like the Canadian sites are selling it cheaper (after i convert canadian to american dollars) plus they have it in stock sooner.

The other site I was thinking of buying from is ExcaliberPC but they might not have it in stock buy the time I buy it (March 10th) So I'm afraid i'm being put on a backorder list with excaliberPc.

Does anyone have any suggestions on which site I should buy from? Is it going to be a hassle buying from a Canadian Site? Is the Canadian R1 the same as the American R1? Any answers or cautions I should be afraid of would be gratefully appreciated.

2. scrambler

scrambler Scribbler - Standard Member

MilestonePC is a Canadian company who has open a US branch in the SF bay area, right besides ASUS US. I bought mine there and did not have any problems.

3. kwokzon

kwokzon Pen Pal - Newbie

Yup! MilestonePC is a good choice; besides they have a 200$ cash-back promotion going on!

4. Kayla

Kayla Pen Pal - Newbie

I really like the reputation MilestonePc has, kwokzon can you give me details about that $200 cash back promotion. Is it just for Canadians or is is for everyone, just the r1, how long is the promotion? Thanks!

5. kwokzon

kwokzon Pen Pal - Newbie

It seems the promotion is only for Canadian buyers. I don't know any extra details about it. Good luck with your purchase (you won't regret it!).

6. Kayla

Kayla Pen Pal - Newbie

I asked milestonepc about it the offer ended already...but thanks anyway, I know i won't regret buying this computer. I'm so excited :D one week until I buy it!!!! I think I am going to buy it through milestonepc, thanks for all the advice guys...