Am I an idiot?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by P8RSON, Nov 17, 2006.

1. tkinsley

tkinsley Pen Pal - Newbie

OK.... someone clue me in here. This is a WACOM pen with the ASUS, right? Is there a driver update that anyone is aware of with the pen driver software? I installed the info pen cd buuuut that seems to have nothing to do with the actual pen driver.

Also...

The right click button on the pen is supposed to have some functionality, right? Mine does zilch, nada, zip.

And, last but CERTAINLY not least... I was under the impression that you could use the top of the pen to erase. Instead, I have to manually select the friggin eraser each time (if I flip the pen over, I get the eraser icon but nothing happens).

Please feel free to NOT reply to the title question specifically ;)

Thank you.

2. Gautam

Gautam Moderator

No you are not a idiot, btw -

1) you shouldn't have to deal with drivers on a new Asus. Did you reformat your machine? It should be ready to go out of the box.
    2) The right click button should work. Try pressing it while tapping. It takes time to get used to gestures. You can customise certain things as well.
    3) On the acer that I have, the erasing feature is REALLY sporadic. If you press a bit harder, it seems to "depress" like a button, and erase a bit. Not a great thing at all. Don't know about the Asus.

3. deepak

deepak Scribbler - Standard Member

for the eraser you have to press it gently. if you press the top with your finger you will see it depress slightly. this is a good feature cause it prevents you from accidentally erasing something.

4. Gautam

Gautam Moderator

Wait...if someone stops writing and turns the stylus over, how can the erasing be a 'mistake?'

5. tkinsley

tkinsley Pen Pal - Newbie

OK, maybe I am a semi-idiot.... I never depressed the pen top!
    LOL!

But I definitely agree w gautam.... if you're flipping it over and making erase gestures, I would think this would be a hard mistake to make if not in the midst of a seizure!

Still not certain if this is a wacom pen or not. I would like to upgrade the pen asap, as this one is skinny and uncomfortable.... but not sure which pen(s) are best and most comfortable.

Thanks again...

Tina

6. Creole

Creole Pen Pal - Newbie

Whilst brainstorming, I routinely flip my pencil around and tap gently on my writing medium... or follow text/lines of thought dragging my eraser around. These are habits I've had for years, and it's unlikely I could unlearn them quickly, not that I even would/could... so the positive control of a button works very well for me.

7. BornLoser

BornLoser Pen Pal - Newbie

tkinsley...

if you haven't found it yet, here are some different pens Wacom offers that work with tablet PCs. Be careful using any old wacom pen, as some of them are only meant to work with certain tablets and not tablet PCs. You may've known this already, but it's always better to be safe than sorry.

Link to Wacom Tablet PC pens

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  8. caeci11ius

caeci11ius Moderator Moderator

In terms of the right click, you have to hold the button and then tap the screen to make a right click (though you can change this behaviour in the control panel, so that all that is required is a button click).

9. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I can thoroughly recommend the Cross Executive pen, not only does it feel much better to hold than the pen from a tablet but it is smoother at writing as well.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  10. Mynd Ara

Mynd Ara Deus Ex Macchus

will OEM pens fit in the silo?