Alupen - fine tipped capacitive stylus

Discussion in 'Dell' started by bugelrex, Feb 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bugelrex

bugelrex Scribbler - Standard Member

If this pens works as shown in the video, its a serious contender and might be a solution to all Dell Stylus woes. No palm rejection, but very fine writing looks possible

Fine Oils: Just Mobile's AluPen Digital

2. Waru

Waru 「ホログラム&#

As a stylus geek, I gotta say that is one nice pen. The battery part kills me though; I really don't think batteries and styli go together. If only they made it rechargeable or something.
    I don't see why they didn't add Bluetooth though. $49.95 is too much for a capacitive screen stylus, even if it's a fine tip. They totally could have ruled the stylus market with a Bluetooth addition that would support devices other than iPads/iPhones since they already have their fair share of stylus support in general.

3. Avenger

Avenger Scribbler - Standard Member

Probably for iPad only like the Cregle Ink and the Adonit Script. I have both of those fine tipped styluses and they work good on the iPad but not on other tablets.

4. bugelrex

If it works perfectly (with the known absence of palm rejection) and can write 'fine' lines, then the cost is acceptable. I feel the overall design of the Dell stylus is flawed and susceptible to easy damage/low tolerances of failure. I think Dell is just trying to band-aid a bad design

5. nerdteddy

nerdteddy Scribbler - Standard Member

Just about everything will come out in March. This past Chinese New Years is killing us all, not to mention their productivity we faithfully count on...

6. bugelrex

Those use bluetooth, this doesn't so it should work the same across all tablets. I think it uses the battery to simulate a capacitive touch at a fine level. Waiting for reviews...

7. Avenger

Avenger Scribbler - Standard Member

Cregle Ink doesn't use bluetooth. And since these things are targeted for iPad they are finetuned for the touchscreen on it. Don't expect them to work well on other devices. The Cregle Ink is the one I recommend for the iPad if anyone is interested in buying one for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. Modred189

Modred189 Scribbler - Standard Member

IMHO, the only reason I got the V8P was for the active stylus and included palm rejection. I sold a iPad Mini to switch because of the lack of palm rejection. So, no rejection, no go for me.

9. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Yea, palm rejection and differentiation between pen and touch input (which are related features) are pretty much the most important features in my use. I could probably live with the Dell stylus if it was more reliable. The accuracy/precision, when operating properly, are probably good enough for me. That said, I'd still be switching to the Asus VN8 for the other advantages which fall more into the desirable than necessary category. But if I couldn't afford it, a reliable Synaptics pen might be good enough. A capacitive pen without palm rejection or pen/touch differentiation wouldn't be good enough no matter how accurate it is.

nerdteddy likes this.
  10. Modred189

Modred189 Scribbler - Standard Member

Yea, 90% of what I do (besides watching videos) is note-taking in OneNote. The Dell stylus works ok for now (looking forward to a working revision), but the Asus, as mucha s I love their computers, the stylus would not work for me. That stylus is too thin to use for extended periods of time. I love the Dell form factor because it is the same size as a regular pen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.