Alternatives to Vivotab Note 8???

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Amy, Oct 21, 2014.

1. HJK

HJK Scribbler - Standard Member

A fellow Accordance user! I'm a Bible scholar, but currently I have another career and I only teach the occasional adjunct course here or there. So I don't use it as much as I once did. Even so, that will probably be a deal breaker and I'll probably get a Windows device. Had I more discretionary spending I would probably buy a SGN8 for fun and a Windows tablet of some sort, but I can't justify that on my current budget.

2. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Yes you can, not with the included pen, no. But the S-pen 10 you just turn it over and erase. And I can't erase with the included stuck pen on the Asus either, you'll need a Bamboo Stylus or something like the S-pen 10.

HJK likes this.
  3. Kumabjorn

Oh, it is much sturdier. It has fallen out of my hand, down on the floor five nights of seven for the last five years and while it has lost little parts from the frame there is no crack on the screen. It is like a Timex of tablets.

HJK likes this.
  4. jjsa1985

jjsa1985 Scribbler - Standard Member

I've just finished my masters and will be beginning doctoral work in the fall. If Accordance would hurry up and release an Android version it would make our choices so much easier!

HJK likes this.
  5. jjsa1985

Oh, that's news to me. I am using an old Fujitsu tablet PC pen that has an eraser in the back (bought off eBay for $8), and the eraser function works on Wacom EMR tablets in Windows, but it never worked in Android, neither on my note 3 nor my note 8. I guess the bamboo ones designed specifically for Galaxy devices works.

6. Kumabjorn

Being an atheist I don't know what Accordance stands for, but it does yield a lot of hits in Google Play Store. Granted, Google isn't the most precise search engine, but if Accordance is a specific publishing house I guess you might be out of luck. But there are a good selection of Bible apps with Strong's concordance and several translations available simultaneously, in case that helps.

Sent from my SC-01F using Tapatalk

7. jjsa1985

I appreciate you trying to help but those are usually no good. Even if they were, when you buy accordance for pc you are paying for a bunch of resources. It's like buying into an ecosystem. Even if those other apps offered the resources you need, you would have to repurchase everything. But mostly, those apps only offer free resources and have much less functionality. Accordance has announced that they are working on an Android version and is currently in testing, but they don't have any ETA.

8. Kumabjorn

So it is an educational system specifically geared towards Bible studies?

Skickat från min SGP412 via Tapatalk

9. HJK

HJK Scribbler - Standard Member

I knew that some of the Galaxy devices had the option to do side-by-side (only with select supported apps, unlike Windows 10). I didn't realize that this was baked into all versions of the TouchWiz interface. Thanks.

10. jjsa1985

I guess that's one way of describing it. It's a Bible program, to which you can add research tools and resources. I would call it more of a Bible academic research system than an educational one, although that is probably only a slight distinction in my own mind.

Kumabjorn and HJK like this.