Alternatives to Vivotab Note 8???

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Amy, Oct 21, 2014.

1. ile

ile Scribbler - Standard Member

With regard to CPU Power, there has not been any major improvement since mid 2013 (Snapdragon 800 release), there were only significant improvements at the GPU

2. HJK

HJK Scribbler - Standard Member

The Note 4 has 3 GB of RAM, while the Tab 4 has 1.5 GB of RAM. So, I'm guessing that "as snappy as [a] Galaxy Note 4"=much faster than a SGT4.

3. murdic

murdic Pen Pal - Newbie

Don't discount the Pipo, cos I'm liking it more and more, and I might even craft a silo for the stylus. There's still also the Vido, which I haven't bought yet, because (a) it's holiday season and I'm out of country for a while, and (b) because it's about 40% more expensive than the Pipo, although it's 64 Gb SSD, and I think that it's 3G.

4. HJK

So, I've put in a pre-order for a AVTN8 32 GB on Amazon. It was available for $199, and I jumped on it. That preorder price is already gone. NEwho (as the Dell dude used to say), I'll let you all know how it all turns out. I'm concerned about the 32 GB of storage, so I'll probably be popping in here and there to look for ideas on how to optimize storage.
    The DV8P looks to be a good alternative, but the uncertainty of the new Synaptic stylus and the lack of Glonass ended up being a deal breaker.

5. curt

curt Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm considering the Pipo more and more. I've been chatting with a guy from merimobiles and he sais it has a SIM socket. I asked him to confirm the socket visually, but the store is closed right now. I will chat with them in a few hours to confirm it has it.

Murdic, can you confirm yours hasn't a SIM socket? For me, with 3G, HDMI out, and stillus, for this price it's a real bargain.

Merry Christmas!

6. HJK

7. HJK

Hdmi out and 8mp autofocus rear cam. If it has glonass and if the stylus is good (probably Synaptic) it could be everything the AVN8 is and then some.

8. wrongpassword

wrongpassword Pen Pal - Newbie

9. bugelrex

bugelrex Scribbler - Standard Member

10. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

But it isn't "Wacom" in the sense we are used to. The same company designed it, but it is a fundamentally different technology designed to be a cheaper option so they could compete on the low end with N-trig, Synaptics, etc. Maybe it will be acceptable, but right now it is a brand new tech of mostly unknown quality.