Alternatives to Vivotab Note 8???

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Amy, Oct 21, 2014.

1. 2.0™

2.0™ Been Inkin' Staff Member

True, I don't even use the included stylus. But then again, the stylus I do use (a Motion Computing one) I added an old school snap on pen clip to it and I clip it to the fold of the case.

My other one uses a Samsung S-pen with eraser which has a built in clip.

Check it: (pix time)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have to say that this little tablet has increased my productivity. I take it nearly everywhere with me with it having win8 on it, I don't miss a beat between office work and when I'm out and about. I haven't been this productive with a small(ish) device since the Dell Axim X50V. <-- takes you back, don't it? :D

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
    lovelaptops likes this.
  2. fishdavis

fishdavis Scribbler - Standard Member

">
    Haha wow, I charged my x50v the other week to pull some files off it... I remember it seeming a lot smaller than it does now.

http://www.amazon.ca/Dell-Axim-X51v-Handheld-Bluetooth/dp/B000COJ8NY

What's with this listing! I know we're behind the times in Royal Canada but this is just absurd.

3. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

fishdavis and ile like this.
  4. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

First I heard that this model would have a pen. Good news. Hopefully, it's in a silo. 2GB Ram? Gaaahhhhh! C'mon Fuji! This unit should have 4GB Ram, a 64 Bit OS and Pro standard. At least, this should be the best built 8" tablet on the market.

fishdavis likes this.
  5. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Edit: Never mind see it now.

Biggest battery I've seem yet in an 8" tablet. Should satisfy those that discount the AVN8 due to battery life.

Any guesses on the price. My guess is $499 and higher wouldn't shock me from Fujitsu. I wish fujitsu would have went ultra premium and slapped a Core m in there with an SSD. As it is now I doubt I'd sidegrade to it. The build quality is likely firmer, but it probably isn't as openable.

Nice to see others jumping in the 8" penable market. More options and a sign of continued interest from the OEMs.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
  6. bugelrex

bugelrex Scribbler - Standard Member

This article specifically states "NO active digitizer" for the Fuji
    http://www.slashgear.com/fujitsu-st...h-windows-tablet-for-the-enterprise-17359738/

7. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

8. HJK

HJK Scribbler - Standard Member

Surprised to learn the latest Acer Aspire Switch 10 supports Synaptic and works with the DVP stylus. It's not 8 inches, but it is a budget model and may indicate ongoing interest in providing penabled screens in more affordable and smaller tabs.

9. Sweetpea8472

Sweetpea8472 Scribbler - Standard Member

Both slashgear and liliputting should not be termed uninitiated... But I agree, often they put any capacitive piece of conductive material as pen input...

But in this case, in the description on the Fujitsu page itself:

But from the specs, it doesn't look spectacular. I really do like the casing....

10. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Release for Mid January 2015......so not only is Fuji late to the 8-inch party by a full year.....in that year filled with plenty of 8 inch tablets.....they felt no further significant changes or updates were needed. That in itself is almost more disappointing then the lack of proper pen input.