Alternative Touch Based Logon Screens

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 7' started by dk0r, Jun 5, 2013.

1. dk0r

dk0r (x+7)² ≠ (x²+49)

I recently obtained a Lenovo Helix and immediately downgraded to Windows 7 due to Win8's anti-touch-screen decision to remove touch-flicks. I'm coming from a Samsung Series 7 Slate (XE700T1A) where I had access to Samsung's awesome touch based logon screen: Touch Logon

Here is a video of Touch Logon in action. Skip to 0:42 to see the two main logon screen options:
    Samsung Touch Logon - A Touch Based Windows Logon Screen - YouTube

Unfortunately, Touch Logon is prevented from being allowed to run on non-Samsung hardware. Attempting to execute the application on a Lenovo Helix results in a "Sorry, you didn't buy our hardware so you don't get to use our software" type dialogue:

Touch Logon may be found at:
    http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/XE700T1A-A04US

> Support > Downloads > Software > Touch Logon.

Please post any functional alternatives or workarounds.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. dk0r

dk0r (x+7)² ≠ (x²+49)

1.) Eusing Maze Lock is similar to Touch Logon but with a pattern unlock similar to Android's.
    It's not really a logon screen replacement, but it can be used to mimic one. If you remove your account password and enable Eusing Maze Lock on startup, the system will boot to your desktop and then apply the lock. I don't like the idea of having my account unsecured and the desktop is shown momentarily just before the lock is applied. This is not a good solution, but it could work.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015