Alternative to Fujitsu Q550

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by navus, Sep 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. navus

navus Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi all,

This is probably the closest feature wise to the Q550 apart from the Motion CL900.

10 Hr battery life and 128GB SSD does sounds very tempting. Not sure what type of active digitiser it used ?

Kupa America

2. revmike

revmike Scribbler - Standard Member

I don't know about anyone else but I've never heard of this device or this company and I live in California.

3. HyLander

HyLander Pen Pal - Newbie

Seems interesting, but the specs suggest it will have basically the same performance (and performance issues) of the Q550.

4. navus

navus Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah, I've never heard of them either but from their "About" page it's a German based company.

Kupa America

HyLander, after reading all the reviews about the Oak Trail performance I am also disappointed. I think the Samsung Series 7 Slate probably the one to look forward to the most from the current offerings.

5. woshisb

woshisb Pen Pal - Newbie

One thing to note is this seems to be using Wacom digitizer, with 1024 levels of pressure sensitive, so it's a better Q550

6. tstephane93@yahoo.com

tstephane93@yahoo.com Pen Pal - Newbie

I am looking for information on this tablets as well. I saw some videos on youtube of X11 running Windows 8 preview but would like more info before making a decision. I am aslo waiting to see the Dell st.

7. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

I don't think it's Wacom. It'd say so if it was, as that's a selling point. There's other tech out there that's electromagnetically based, and it's usually listed as 1024 levels of pressure. Look up yiynova msp19 on amazon, or the P-active screen. These are Cintiq 21ux alternatives, and they're both 1024 with a battery powered pen. My guess is this product functions similarly.

That can be good or bad, depending on one's opinion, but I don't think it's Wacom.

8. Greg_E

Greg_E Scribbler - Standard Member

My Calcomp digitizer with battery pen was always nice, except when I forgot to buy new batteries and they went dead. Did a lot of photoshop work with that tablet and the only thing I ever really missed was the eraser end of the pen which Calcomp didn't offer in that series. As far as I know, Wacom owns the only patent on "passive" inductive pens like this.

9. tstephane93@yahoo.com

tstephane93@yahoo.com Pen Pal - Newbie

hi guys, I ended up getting the Q550 on amazon. I will report back with my experience, thanks again.

10. Hattori Hanzo

Hattori Hanzo Scribbler - Standard Member

Actually, that's what I thought for a long time, too. But Waltop, the company behind most non brand name digitizers, now (since more than half a year, actually) also has models working without a battery. So either they have also had a good idea or just risking to be sued because of infringement.
    I have yet to see one of those things on eBay yet. They list them on their site, with all kinds of specs and details, but I have yet not seen one of the usual cheap-o vendors sell one of them, with their name, of course.

If they really have a valid patent this would be great. The normal Waltop graphics tablets are definitely not an artist's choice, but for pointing and text input they are more than sufficient.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.