Alternative to factory tablet case... is there one?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by galtom, Feb 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. galtom

galtom Pen Pal - Newbie

My Vivo Tab is by all means thousand times better than any (including my own one) iPad.
    However there is one thing connected to iPad that I really like, Shield case: Shield-Best Protection

It is really better thought of and more convenient to use.
    I was wondering if you saw anywhere, if there are or if there will be other (third party) cases, bags, etc. for our devices - stand alone tablet and set with dock.

Considering how expensive our devices are I would love to see if there are more practical alternatives.

2. vadimpelau

vadimpelau Scribbler - Standard Member

I had one of those cases on my acer iconia tablet (the first one). It was a neoprene case, quite lightweight, no rough plastic or edges, but even so the extra bulk and weight added to the tabled was unbearable.

On the transformer prime I had abandoned the idea of cases but I wasn't willing to spend ridiculous amounts on a transparent shield case aka sticky plastic foil. Since the screen is Gorillaglass I decided to make a DYI protector for the back since you can find all kinds of A4 sized sticky foil. My main concern was scratching the back on various desks.

Provided you find the proper foil, all you have to do are a few measurements on the tablet and print an outline on the non-adhesive side.

I know this doesn't answer the question but it's a $2 or less way of protecting the back of the tablet from scratches.

3. Schnabe

Schnabe Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm hoping someone will make a folio-style case that I can use for the tablet by itself. I love the included case when I use the 810C with the dock. I would just like something I can use with the tablet by itself, maybe also storing the stylus.

4. Schnabe

Schnabe Pen Pal - Newbie

5. galtom

galtom Pen Pal - Newbie

Looking at size I thought included case is for tablet only. I actually never tried to fit the whole thing in... I was worried I will make it big and than tablet itself will wobble inside....

6. Aulak

Aulak Pen Pal - Newbie

Since they cover the bezel, wouldn't that make it a bit annoying trying to access the charm bar etc.?

7. galtom

galtom Pen Pal - Newbie

Valid point. TF810 would need something more specifically for itself.
    Considering how many devices were sold world wide I doubt we will see TF810 designed accessories from third party manufacturers.

8. Schnabe

Schnabe Pen Pal - Newbie

I'll let you know. I ordered the Slimbook Case, as I really only want a case when I used the tablet without my dock. I would think the Charm bar would still work, since the case does not cover the touchscreen, and the charm bar is opened by dragging on the edge of the touchscreen, not the bezel. Also, looking at the pictures, there is some of the bezel showing, so these do not completely cover the bezel, but provide protection.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  9. Schnabe

Schnabe Pen Pal - Newbie

These cases are specifically built for the TF810C. They are not generic cases, so both are TF810C designed accessories from a 3rd party. Like I said in my other post, I did order the Slim case for the tablet only, and is supposed to be released by March 8th. I'll report back on the case, but it looks like it should be fine.

10. Schnabe

Schnabe Pen Pal - Newbie

No, it fits in the included case just fine, and I have not noticed any stretching of the case.