Alternative stylus

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Rieuk, May 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rieuk

Rieuk Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi guys,
    I wanted to get a replacement stylus for my T4215 but was wondering whether a different pen would be any better anyway. I like a slim long pen with a bit of a grip where it is held and most of the ones on the Wacom website are pretty thick (eg. Crossfire exec). How can you tell whether the pen will be compatible? Also, anyone who knows where to purchase felt nibs for Tablet PCs in Australia is welcome to post :)

2. Rieuk

Okay I've found some felt nibs here - but they're for the Intuos3 tablet pens. I wonder if they're good for the T4215 tablet pen as well?

The other thing is, I wanted to get a clear (not AG) screen protector for the T4215 as well but haven't been able to find one. So my question is:

Has anyone out there peeled off the disgusting AG coating of their T4215 and applied a clear screen protector and if so, which screen protector did you use?

3. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

I'm betting the nibs will fit, sort of...

They may have a tip on the end that makes it impossible to fully insert the nib in your T4215 pen....the tip has a bit of a mushroom on the end. That's how the nibs for the Wacom Cross pen are. I'd love to use the Cross nibs in my T4210 pen, but the tip prevents it from going all the way in. It goes in enough to write most of the time, but it's inconsistent. The solution is to shave the sides of the tip of the nib off, which will allow it to slide all the way into your T4215 pen and work properly.

4. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

Here's the nib on the Cross. See how it mushrooms out at the end. The T4215 nib has a rod with a pointy tip for its nib, which allows it to sit further in the pen.

[​IMG]

5. Rieuk

Just got the Intuos3 tablet pen felt nibs. They have exactly the same geometry as my current nibs and fit perfectly.

Was just using the felt nibs for a few minutes just then and I just wanted to say: If you are using the stock plastic (or whatever they're made of) nibs, you are suffering I tell you. You should be using felt nibs. I don't even know why they make those shoddy plastic ones.

Anyone have any ideas on the screen protector?? Nushield have only Anti-Glare listed for the T4215, but I'm just concerned it'll have the damned sparkle that Jamon documented on his thread: http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/archive/index.php/t-9945.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.