Alternate Folio for the EP121?

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by virtus, Apr 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. virtus

virtus Pen Pal - Newbie

I've been carrying my EP121 in the folio since I got it two months ago. It's a great concept, but it weighs about as a much as an iPad2. So I'm looking for a different way to protect/cover the EP121. I'm only slightly worried about the screen because my phone's gorilla glass has taken a severe beating without a scratch.

I like the folio because it hides the slate and looks just like a regular folio for a pad of paper. So it's nice and discreet in meetings. The upright stand is nice too because I occasionally pull out the keyboard and use it as a desktop replacement.

Even something simple like the iPad2's magnetic cover would be nice - but there are no magnetic metals along the side of the EP121.

Any ideas?

2. JustDavid

JustDavid ASUS EP121 Slate user

You might try some 12.1 inch netbook sleeves. Of course you should get the measurements of the slate to compare to the size of the sleeves. Many are zippered, with outside pockets that would hold the AC adapter, extra pen, etc.

3. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Actually, you would need a 13 inch sleeve or case. Because of the way the speakers and bezel is arranged, the ep121 is practically the same footprint as a 13 inch macbook pro. Its about as thick too.

4. Houston

Houston Pen Pal - Newbie

I've been hunting for the same thing. I have the old iPad and bought a thin Macgriffin cover that worked well as a stand or while on the lap but was very lightweight. The folio for the EP121 is just too heavy.

So I bought an incase sleeve that actually is for the Airbook - Incase Neoprene Sleeve Plus for MacBook Air 13" -Black CL57756

and the I2 tablet stand - Twelve South Compass Portable Stand for Ipad2 ( 2nd Generation Ipad )

This combination works well enough, except if you want to put it in your lap or you want a a dual-purpose solution - but a lightweight folio sure would be nice.

5. prepseb

prepseb Scribbler - Standard Member

I wonder if it's possible to build a keyboard dock just like the Transformer TF101 and fit a BT keyboard inside....

6. TheOnlyKingArthur

TheOnlyKingArthur Scribbler - Standard Member

How well does that neoprene sleeve fit? It looks like the Eee Slate is more widescreen than a MacBook...

7. CerN

CerN Pen Pal - Newbie

It's 16:10, and not the usual 16:9. But a folio meant for 13 or 14" would probably fit nicely.

8. Houston

Houston Pen Pal - Newbie

Surprisingly like a glove.

9. gerg

gerg Scribbler - Standard Member

I use the CaseLogic 12.1" neoprene sleeve. The tablet fits snugly, but neoprene stretches so it is easy to get the machine in. I don't carry any accessories in the sleeve, it is just for extra protection in my backpack.

10. wicked1

wicked1 Scribbler - Standard Member

Hate to be the one to point it out, but none of these are "folios". Personally, I want something that can simply be opened and used w/out having a separate part(case/sleeve) to worry about. So...... are there alternate 'folio' options for the ep121?