Alt+Tab

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by leaftye, Oct 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

Can it be done with the tablet buttons? The tablet is a T4210, but I assume all Fujitsu's use the same buttons. It'd sure be nice to be able to quickly switch between programs while in tablet mode.

2. kureshii

kureshii Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yes, it can... Buttons can be customised in Tablet and Pen Settings. But it'll involve use of the Fn button, and you can't do Alt+TabTabTab etc to switch to other open windows; you'll only be able to access the last window used.

3. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

That's halfway there.....geez, I might actually have to come out of programmer hibernation to write a program to do this, except I'll probably do a floating translucent prog instead of fooling around with figuring out how to capture keystrokes from the buttons.

4. pibach

pibach Scribbler - Standard Member

you can assign "Windows-t" to some tablet button and then use the NavDial to select from the task bar.

Another nice prog that can do all the special keystrokes is MessagEase. Can be set transparent and minimizes to the tray.

5. pibach

pibach Scribbler - Standard Member

6. kureshii

kureshii Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Ah, that reminds me, there are various Expose (Mac task switcher) clones floating around, free source or no. I've found a pretty good one, Smallwindows, that works relatively simply and is even portable as well (no installation, single .exe). Unfortunately, the programmer decided to stop working on it so it is permanently in buggy beta. I have a good mind to take a look at it and rewrite... once i have tiem to pick up C++. In the meantime, he's released the source code on the page, so if you're looking for a programming project this could be it ;-)

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.