Agashka's Driver Pack(XP on tx2500z) - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by iurak6868, Oct 3, 2009.

1. delon

delon tx2525nr noob

oh wow, thank you,

and yes, my tx2525nr comes with 64bit vista ultimate in original packaging. >.< sorry for the delay answering, my internet has been down

xp is now installed on my TX2525NR !!! but i still need help with wifi and other drivers

2. delon

delon tx2525nr noob

one more thing, did you use the drivers from the google.pagexxxxx link as to get everything working?

3. dadomen

dadomen Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi Chris,
    which drivers do you use, exactly ?
    Thanks a lot.

4. rhumba

rhumba Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi chris.wilcox! I´m wondering put xp 64 in my tx2500 too. Is yours working fine? Did you get all drivers? Where you find? Tks!

5. ohnoitsrhob

ohnoitsrhob Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi. I have a tx 2500. Though on the monitor is says 2000, but on the bottom it says 2500 and in bios it says, i think, 2500z. I have been desperately trying to figure out how to put XP64 on my laptop. I almost quit, when i found this forum. I thought that I had finally found the answer. I was wrong. I have tried everyone's drivers. In txt and PnP mode. I've tried the old and the new. I tried multiple and single drivers at a time. I've tried with Agashkas full drivers and without. I am at a loss. I have an untouched XP Service Pack 2 64 cd. I have all the specs everyone else on here except for the ram. I only have 2 gigs. I am currently running Vista Premium 64. So I know I can run XP 64. You guys have done it. I want to do it! I'm using nLite to slipstream. I get 3 answers from setup everytime. My old pal BSOD. My BFF4E Archix86.sys missing or not found. Last but no least, MR. X86 is not compatible with the current x64 Windows Operating System you are running.

I need your guy's help. I'm gonna blow my freakin brains out. I've never had such a hard time with something. If there's anything, anything at all i'm doing wrong or missing, please let me know. I would appreciate it, and already appreciate all the help you have given out on this forum. Don't let me down guys!!

Thanks,
    Rhob

6. ludwigtr

ludwigtr Pen Pal - Newbie

so i've got the tx2510us and I finally got everything xp loaded on correctly. the only problem is the buttons on the monitor don't do anything, and i don't know where to access them. i think i need some new multimedia keyboard software, but i can't seem to find it. does anyone out there have the dvd and rotation buttons working on their tx2500? and how?

7. Bams

Bams Bunnie's Baby

This thread has been extremely useful in attempting to recover from a disaster. I have the HP tx2510us and up until a few days ago I had Vista Ultimate 64bit on it. Needless to say there was an issue and my Factory Shipped Recovery DVD set is non-functional (imagine that). Since HP doesn't want to replace them without charging me, they can stick it.

I followed this guide and used a Windows Tablet PC 2005 ED I picked up at a local PC shop. I streamlined the SATA driver and everything installed as it should. I updated to the new ATI driver because I don't use rotation alot so that wasn't a big issue for me.

What is an issue is that I seem to have abysmal battery life (reads sub-hour or maybe an hour). The machine doesn't appear to have any (or any decent) power management going on so it's eating the battery in a hurry. I've installed all of the processor drivers mentioned here from the AMD site, and the Dual Core optimizer, as well as updating my BIOS to F.0C.

I've also noticed that I have to issue a restart or shutdown command more than once, almost all of the time. So when I select shutdown/restart from the start menu, it starts to shut down or acts like it but never shutdown/restarts. I have to issue a 'shutdown -r -t 00' in the run dialog or a cmd prompt to get what I want.

Other than that so far it seems to be working well, I'm not sure it's any faster than Vista, and it's certainly alot hotter than with vista because I cannot tune down the maximum processor usage like i could with the Vista power settings.

Any comments are appreciated, this place is a great resource so thanks to all who contribute.

8. helloprateek

helloprateek Pen Pal - Newbie

hi friends,
    I am having tx2500z 64 bit processor.
    I wanted to install XP on it and have XP 64 bit OS.
    When I tried to install XP, it gave me blue screen with error code
    0X0000007B (0XFFFFFFFFC0000034, 0X0000000000000000, 0X0000000000000000)
    Then I made CD of XP by adding SATA drivers asing nLite as guided on the page http://tx2500z.googlepages.com/home.
    Even after that I am getting same blue screen....
    Please help...
    Will really appreciate....

9. HQ DJ

HQ DJ Pen Pal - Newbie

Windows 7 work great with TX2510US... its 100x better than Vista and Xp

10. eborn

eborn Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey!
    I have huge and really annoying problem with my tx2525nr running windows xp. The problem is that OpenGL is not working. I know it sounds strange but here are the symptoms. Any game which runs in opengl mode will crash/give errors about not locating opengl modules (for example quake live). I wanted to check what version of opengl i have then, using OpenGL extensions viewer. Well, it crashed as well. I got just a bit more info about the problem when i tried running Ati Tray Tools: it said it can't locate opengl32.dll. I googled this problem a bit and here is what i found: http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?p=364935 . Last post sounds promising, especially that for my friend using HD2400 with same symtoms in games - it worked. But for me-it didn't. When my annoyance was growing, i did 2 more things: searched the whole damn registry for phrase "opengl32.dll" since something has to be pointing to this non-existing file. I found nothing. Then, i checked my system32 folder, and I have atioglxx.dll there, but no opengl32.dll. So I tried just simply renaming this file. It had some effect cause now ATI tray tools says it can't locate some "procedure entry point" in opengl32.dll.
    And that's where I give up and ask you for help.

Oh, we're obviously talking about fresh 9.8 drivers but i tested many other versions and the result is the same. On win7 it worked flawlessly with the same drivers...