Agashka's Driver Pack(XP on tx2500z) - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by iurak6868, Oct 3, 2009.

1. qazokm

qazokm Pen Pal - Newbie

I found the drivers for the fingerprint reader. You can get a copy here

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. chris.wilcox

chris.wilcox Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello,

I *hope* this thread is still active :) I have had my HP tx2500 for a while now and have been unsuccessful in installing Windows XP (Pro & TabletPC). I'm fairly certain its a SATA driver issue, but I'm not sure whats going on. :confused:
    My tx2500 (says its tx2500 on the bottom and in the BIOS and the model # is tx2635us) came with 64-bit Vista. I really want XP back. I've updated to the latest BIOS and found no switches in there to make the XP installation find the HDD.

I tried the 2 drivers in the Drivers pack from http://tx2500z.googlepages.com/, but those were x86 drivers. Both resulted in BSoD. Directly from the Gigabit website, I tried their x64 drivers. With those drivers slipstreamed i got BSoD everytime. So, I tried the method of using the CD and hitting F6 during install when it came time to hit S, and all that i got an error back saying "The file /x64/ahcix64.sys is corrupt."

So I tried the drivers miner suggested (Post#2), and also got an error back saying "The file /x64/ahcix64.sys is corrupt" using the Floppy method.

So then I tried the drivers Gmall33 (Post #24) suggested and also got an error back saying "The file /x64/ahcix64.sys is corrupt" using the Floppy method.

I think Post#2 and Post#24 are the same drivers (the byte counts where the same).

I've tried each of these drivers with WinXP Pro and WinXP TabletPC and have had no luck, just keep getting BSoD (I'm thinking of making the BSoD my background in Vista ;)). I contacted HP and they told me that installing XP on this tablet with 64-bit is not possible. I was under the impression you could install a 32-bit OS on a 64-bit platform, I know some that have, but I'll take anything as long as it leads to no more Vista!

Has anyone successfully installed XP on this laptop, but 64-bit version?

-c

3. carbon-rod

carbon-rod Pen Pal - Newbie

Chris,

Am I correct in assuming you are trying to install a 64 bit version of xp?

I believe that all the installations on the TX have been 32 bit versions of windows xp..

I shoudl be receiving my TX2500Z in the mail tomorrow I will then promptly isntall XP 32 bit on there... I will let you know how I go and if I have any problems with the sata drivers....I think the 2500Z had a few problems with SATA drivers so I might be able to shed some light on the matter tomorrow.

Hang in there... We must stick together to conquer vista...

4. chris.wilcox

I tried installing 32-bit versions of XP. I don't have a 64-bit XP cd. I could give it a try, but I need to find it ;)
    I was under the impression that I could install 32-bit XP or XP TabletPC Ed on my 64-bit platform, but I could be wrong.
    Let me know how it goes for you! As a temporary solution, I'm using VirtualBox to run XP in a VM and believe it or not, it seems to run smoother than Vista :p I'd love to see Vista go, but for now, because of my SATA driver issue, I can't install XP or XPTPC.

5. chris.wilcox

OK...I installed Windows XP 64-bit Edition using the x64 SATA HDD Drivers in this archive and it worked!! I can run XP! I suppose that my computer is not compatible with 32-bit versions of Windows, which I thought it would install but essentially not use 64-bit architecture. Oh well. I'm happy to be running XP again.
    Now I need to locate all the WinXP64 drivers for my laptop, but that shouldn't be too tough. Thanks!

6. joefrank1982

joefrank1982 Pen Pal - Newbie

THANKS TO EVERYONE ON THIS SITE!!!:D The above worked flawlessly for me I ended up using txtmode but the pdp mode didnt go blue either.....I Have the tx2627cl Everything works great ....Im using XP for my music programs and studio needs ....Im going to partition off 30 gbs and dual boot vista to it to surf the internet and what not....(this keeps viruses off my main drive) Heres the best and easiest tutorial http://apcmag.com/how_to_dualboot_vista_with_xp__stepbystep_guide_with_screenshots.htm

THANKS AGAIN EVERYBODY....CHEERS:cool:

7. HQ DJ

HQ DJ Pen Pal - Newbie

Drtigerlilly there is a way to add MCE to tablet. Its called Window XP Ultimate. Nothing illegal about it. Look it up. :p

8. chris.wilcox

Hey guys,

I've gotten everything working on my tablet with Windows XP now. Have any of you had issues with the Wacom Pen drivers not working in the correct dimensions when in Portrait mode? When I put the tablet in Portrait mode, the pen behaves like its still in Landscape. Its not a critical issue, but this is what its doing for me. I believe the issue is that I'm running 64bit edition of windows XP and the HP Display Buttons software won't install.

Lastly, does anyone have drivers for the webcam? I can't seem to find them.

-c

9. delon

delon tx2525nr noob

hello everyone, first time posting here but i have read through a lot, and tried to downgrade my tx2525nr from vista - xp
    i've tried to following:
    slipstreaming sata drivers from http://tx2500z.googlepages.com/ and from the hp website seperately AND together
    both failed when after i pressed any key to boot from disc...load the drivers...setup is now starting windows...BSOD

i also tried slipstreaming all the drivers from http://tx2500z.googlepages.com/ together and tried slipstreaming only the sata drivers as well... also failed.

please please help me, i've been trying for 4 days, and i hope i did not go miss something on the site.

10. chris.wilcox

@delon
    did your comp come with Vista 64-bit? If so, I had your exact same problem. You must install Win XP 64-bit Edition. I never got any 32-bit version working and got BSoD every time.
    Everything will work except I can't get screen rotation to work properly with the pen. I talked to HP about it and they said they didnt make Display Button and swivel drivers for XP64, so I gave up on that :(
    But everything else works and I use my pen in landscape mode with the screen folded down and XP is a heck of a lot faster than Vista :D