Agashka's Driver Pack(XP on tx2500z) - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by iurak6868, Oct 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HQ DJ

HQ DJ Pen Pal - Newbie

Here is a tip for the DVD and Quickplay buttons in the HP batch file use the following:

@echo off
    IF %1==button1 GOTO button1
    IF %1==button2 GOTO button2
    goto end

:button1

start "" "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PowerDVD.exe"

goto end

:button2

start "" "C:\Program Files\Winamp\winamp.exe"

goto end

:end

Using start "" causes the cmd or dos window to close automatically. Agashka may want to add this in the next update.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  2. HQ DJ

HQ DJ Pen Pal - Newbie

I just used winamp.exe and powerdvd.exe for an example... you can use any program you want.

3. agashka

agashka Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi, I haven't been active lately, probably because of my arm.
    I'm not gonna stop supporting XP on the tablet, but I'm moving back to Vista, well, as my primary OS. Since I got my tablet, it has been sitting here, doing nothing. I'm getting an Acer Aspire One soon, and might sell or trade my laptop. That's pretty much all for the news heh.

Also, on the next driverpack (if they is any) I will include a revised version for my buttons control: aka: the program went from 460KB to 6KB (because I moved from C++ to C)
    you can get it here:
    http://agashka.110mb.com/notebook.zip
    but that's a manual install.

@HQ DJ:
    good job on the batch file, I will add it to my website next time I edit it, and credit it to you ;)

4. HQ DJ

HQ DJ Pen Pal - Newbie

Does any one know how to add windows media center to Tablet Edition? Also, if I use the vista drivers for the video card on XP will I be able to use the rotate button??

5. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

adding mce to tablet pc edition, constitutes hacking of the os, which we don't condone on this forum. There are appropriate XP drivers for the machine w/ the rotation fixed, check through this thread or darianco's, i'm not sure the vista drivers will work in xp, quite frankly i doubt it.

6. HQ DJ

HQ DJ Pen Pal - Newbie

There might be a legal way to add MCE to tablet.

7. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

there is no legal way, short of running vista (home premium, ultimate etc), mce & tablet edition are separate sku's.

8. erichb1

erichb1 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you so much for all the hard work you all have done. I just successfully upgraded to XP on TX2510us tablet.

I found that i needed to use one of the other SATA drivers listed in one of the responses on this thread.

Again thank you so much.

What i would like to ask is if anyone knows of a trackpad utility or driver for the new xp system that will allow control over how sensitive the pad is. I am constantly hitting the pad with my thumb as I type and moving the insertion point away from where I am typing. i know I cna turn off the pad with the toggle above it, but i thought someone might know of a driver or a utility that could set some of the settings like the one in I had in vista.

Thank you for any suggestions you might have.

XP on this tablet is SOOO much better and faster.

Thank you all again.

Erich

9. erichb1

erichb1 Pen Pal - Newbie

I thought I would let anyone else know that I found a driver on Synaptics website for the touch pad.

http://www.synaptics.com/support/drivers

Just choose the driver for XP install and reboot and you get the same control over the touch pad as in vista.

Cheers,
    Erich

10. maildaemon

maildaemon Pen Pal - Newbie

I got tx2510us and i successfully installed Windows XP SP3 on it. Everything is working except the IR remote. There is no unidentified device but its just not working. I also managed to find a driver for the Card reader. Ill send it to Agashka for his future driverpack and he will post a link.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.