Agashka's Driver Pack(XP on tx2500z) - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by iurak6868, Oct 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abusuyuuf

abusuyuuf Pen Pal - Newbie

when i put in the windows xp cd and press a key to boot from the cd, the screen goes black for like 10 mins then bsod. is this the bsod from the sata or is this a whole diff problem? anyone knows? thanks.

2. miner

miner Scribbler - Standard Member

SATA, try slipstreaming the drivers on to the XP CD. Sucess using the drivers has been patchy however, so you might have to try couple of different drivers before installation.

3. kapblp

kapblp Scribbler - Standard Member

OK. Looks like I've got everything running as far as I can tell. I do have one question. This is just a very minor annoyance, but I was wondering something. The HP.bat file that allows you to launch things with the two keys on the right side of the screen. I have the DVD running Nero Showtime and the other one below it to start up display settings for me.

2 questions.

Is there a way to customize the key on the bottom to the right next to the screen rotation key?

Can I make the command prompt that pops up instead by hidden? When I hit the DVD key and a command prompt opens first and then Nero ShowTime runs. But the cmd is still running until I close ShowTime or Display Settings.

4. HQ DJ

HQ DJ Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah that's the BSOD for the SATA driver.

5. HQ DJ

HQ DJ Pen Pal - Newbie

I have no problem burning a CD, I just burned ISO with Nlite. My rotate button doesn't work. Any body running tablet with service pack 3??

6. ttang

ttang Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you all!! I feel like I just ran a marathon and was behind a couple of miles before getting a burst of energy to rally to the finish line. I am ready to cry.

I have spent the last two days tying to install XP on my tx2510us. BSOD was my middle name and my bane, but no longer.

What finally worked was the slipstreaming of drivers from the HP site (they might be the same as agashka's gigabyte drivers) which worked for me whereas the gigabyte versions did not.

One extra piece of instruction is to make sure you slipstream the driver in nlite using textmode so that means the "txtsetup.oem" file has to be in the driver folder and select the one driver only. Don't include x64 driver if you are installing the 32-bit version. Then burn or iso.

7. HQ DJ

HQ DJ Pen Pal - Newbie

Ok people, I need some help. I got everything to work except the IR Remote. I followed darionco instructions and still can't get it to work. When I did a fresh installation of Win tablet 2005 the remote was working fine, then after I install the wacom driver the computer found a new device HID-component something... now the remote is not work... in my device manager there are no problems with my remote drivers. I have the ENE CIR Remote and HP IR Remote showing up fine in the device manager. Does any one have any tips?

8. manchesterunited222

manchesterunited222 Pen Pal - Newbie

does installing xp instead of vista make the computer run faster and generate less heat??? because i dont really care what OS i have. its just this laptop is really HOT and vista is slow (even on a clean install).

9. c0r3f1ght3r

c0r3f1ght3r Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm still having this problem, and does anyone know some programs to utilize the webcam that is on the monitor? I would like to record some video with sound just for some fun to see how the quality is.

10. HQ DJ

HQ DJ Pen Pal - Newbie

I got my remote to work... by just delete most of my HID devices in device manager and restarting. Does any know how I could have both Windows Tablet edition and Media Center running on my laptop?? I'm not talking about dual boot---> I just want to have the media center component added. :cool: