Agashka's Driver Pack(XP on tx2500z) - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by iurak6868, Oct 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CTSxViper

CTSxViper Pen Pal - Newbie

Check your laptop powwer profile and set it to always on and see if it doesn't correct it.

2. CTSxViper

CTSxViper Pen Pal - Newbie

Why? I've had mine TX2500 since it came out, 2.1ghz and it has been excellent with Vista Home Premium 64 bit with 4 gig Ram and I upgraded the H/D to a 320 gig 7200rpm Drive. I use a small cooling pad, and it run's perfect.

3. c0r3f1ght3r

c0r3f1ght3r Pen Pal - Newbie

thanks Viper it worked.

4. gmall33

gmall33 Pen Pal - Newbie

I purchased my TX2500Z a few weeks ago with the following specs:

-AMD Turion X2 ZM-86 (2.4 GHz)
    -3 GB DDR2 RAM
    -ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics
    -250 GB 5400 RPM SATA Hard Drive
    -Webcam + Fingerprint Reader
    -802.11 a/b/g/n WLAN + Bluetooth
    -LightScribe SuperMulti 8X DVD+/- with DL Support
    -6 cell battery

- My intention was to reinstall Windows XP Tablet Edition to replace the pre-installation of Vista in the notebook.

- I got the Blue Screen Of Death a few times using the 2 provided SATA drivers from ( http://tx2500z.googlepages.com/ ) and after some searching and experimenting with different drivers.

- I got it working with the following SATA drivers
    http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=ob-64232-1

- So far everything has worked flawlessly thanks to this site and specially the tutorial on ( http://tx2500z.googlepages.com/ ) by Agashka, darionco, TabletPCReview.com and everyone else involved.

PS...
    Just to specify all the steps I took, I followed all the instructions in the tutorial ( http://tx2500z.googlepages.com ) except for the SATA drivers provided. Instead I downloaded the .exe file from the link in the hp site, extracted the files and slipstreamed the drivers in the \RAID7xx\x86 folder into the nLite sliptream job. Everything else was just as instructions provided.

5. HQ DJ

HQ DJ Pen Pal - Newbie

I've been looking all over for someone who is running XP successful on HP tx2510us.... I'm glad to find your website and all the help to do it myself. My only question is how do you like running XP compare to Vista on the HP tablet? I would believe its amazingly faster.

6. agashka

agashka Pen Pal - Newbie

@HQ DJ, well, vista out-of-the-box seems to be optimized not for laptops. After a few tweaks its ok, but its nothing compared to xp.

@gmall33, funny because its the same as gigabyte one.

to everyone:
    im back from hospital, im typing with left hand because my right got repaired but i need physio to make it work again

7. c0r3f1ght3r

c0r3f1ght3r Pen Pal - Newbie

I've encountered a problem. I can't burn cd's everytime I try to burn a cd/dvd with any program it will seem like its about to start and then it fails. I checked my device drivers and it has my drive listed as a
    HL-DL-ST DVDRAM GSA-T30N SCSI CdRom Device
    now I dunno if I'm right or wrong, but I don't think this drive should be listed as a "SCSI" device because thats some fairly old **** and I thought cd rom drives all use IDE.

8. Bernok

Bernok Scribbler - Standard Member

I would be interested in seeing some benchmarking done with XP and Vista (re-installed not the HP factory one). Would anyone like to post these?

Maybe some PCMark, 3DMark and HD Tune.

NOTE: If these are posted elsewhere I apologize I don't mean to double post.

9. HQ DJ

HQ DJ Pen Pal - Newbie

Ok, I got a XP tablet edition SP3 running on TX2510us. I like it, the issue I currently have are:

1. My Remote doesn't work, driver are installed as per all the methods on the his thread and agashka drivers ... Question: do I need to install the quick buttons in order for the remote to work??

2. My quick buttons don't work. The driver pack from HP for the quick button won't install because I have a pirate version of XP tablet... the driver installation gives me any error and doesn't install.

I haven't try to burn a CD/DVD yet... but I will try and report back.

10. HQ DJ

HQ DJ Pen Pal - Newbie

One more thing, I assume if you are using a pirate version of xp and you slip stream the SATA drivers from Agashka's Pack it won't work because it's only the 32bit drivers. For some reason, I have to download the SATA from hp slipstream the whole thing not just i386...and then delele the all referecnces to AHCXI64 in the TXTSETUP.SIF:eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.