Agashka's Driver Pack(XP on tx2500z) - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by iurak6868, Oct 3, 2009.

1. agashka

agashka Pen Pal - Newbie

In effort to bring the TacletPCReview community the best experience possible under XP on the TX2500 series I'd like to start this thread. Since i've got lots of emails, and I know my driver pack isn't perfect (lots of BSOD reported) i'd like to start this thread where everyone could post their experience with my driver pack.

The 'official' Website is
    http://tx2500z.googlepages.com
    I've not been really active lately, I'm sorry. But I'm announcing im working on a new version. This new version, hopefully , will fix Video drivers and Sata ones (hopefully).

If anyone got any suggestion, problem or anything else, please post here, I'm trying to lower my emails a bit!! (will also link this thread on the googlepage link)

Also, lemme know if you find more recent or better drivers. Im currently working on Version 1.4 and I'm experimenting with the new Video drivers, along with SATA. But i believe my IR drivers are wrong.

2. miner

miner Scribbler - Standard Member

The only problem I experienced was with the SATA drivers. For some reason, it didnt work on my system. So, I used the XP SATA driver for the HP 6535b which uses the same chipset as the tx2500, worked perfectly fine.
    http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=ob-61695-1

I would suggest putting that as the alternative for people who experience BSOD's with the sata driver in the driver pack.

3. agashka

agashka Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes, I've seen this SATA driver, and it's coming to my new driver pack.
    From what i can see, this is the same one as the other i have, except it's a newer version. It still isn't the right one for the laptop, but it's fine for now.

Right now i'm messing with the 8.8 drivers, trying to get em to play nice with my system.

4. ElijahRW

ElijahRW '

I have that sata issue also.
    I've tried all the sata drivers that were in the pack and the ones miner suggestion but still the bsod.

Thanks for doing this Agashka you can have me use my tablet as a guinea pig for the sata drivers cause my tablet is one that hasn't worked with any of the suggested ones;)

5. agashka

agashka Pen Pal - Newbie

Hmm, that's weird.
    TX2510US? witch version of XP are you trying to install?
    Also, did you slipstream ALL the drivers, or only the SATA? (sata only recommended)

6. ElijahRW

ElijahRW '

XP tablet 2005.
    I tried both ways, First I did sata and drivers. And the second time re copied the os cds and put sata only. Then when miner suggested those new sata drivers, did the same thing.

7. agashka

agashka Pen Pal - Newbie

Hmm... weird. I don't really know what to do.
    But in my new driver pack, i will include multiple SATA drivers along with multiples Video drivers.
    sata: HP one, witch is older then gigabyte & gigabyte
    video: 8.6 + fix for rotation (working on it atm) ; 8.7 darionco ; 8.8 + fix for rotation ;

Also, if anyone can find back the IR drivers, it would be useful, it's one of the last thing left to do.

8. welingtonca

welingtonca Pen Pal - Newbie

I found a way to install. Slipstream the sata drivers and before make the iso I edited the file TXTSETUP.SIF in I386 folder and deleted all references to AHCXI64, saved the file, make the iso and burn it. NO BSOD.
    I used the more new drivers that I found (2008) from SP39719 (HP website)
    excuse for my poor english, but after two weeks xp is running in my machine.

9. agashka

agashka Pen Pal - Newbie

hehe, glad you got this fixed, glad you posted this here. It might help some other users.

I'm about half way to put a new driver pack on my website, stay tuned.

10. darionco

darionco Pen Pal - Newbie