again wacom problem

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by harald, Jun 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nocivo

nocivo Pen Pal - Newbie

Harald how did you get it to work? :)

/Micha

2. harald

harald Pen Pal - Newbie

Well actually, I install the ISd driver in last position.
    I've got now all the settings and control for the tablet.
    I can manage them from the control panel /show big or small icon in place of show by categories / tablet settings (i'm translating so the correct word in english might change.)

Everything is fine now, I'm going to buy a mini-hdmi to hdmi to dvi to test my wacom cintiq on it.
    I think it might replace my Imac intel duo core if the wacom driver don't mess as they claim on the wacom site.

Do you encounter some problems ?

3. nocivo

nocivo Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi Harald,

I understand that you installed the ISD lastly, but in which order did you install other drivers? Did your slate work fine with the pen device from the beginning and you only needed to sort out the pressure sensitivity?

Yes, the problem with my slate is that it doesn't register the Pen at all! I'am not talking about pressure sensitivity here. Maybe my one is unique, because I can't find anyone else on the net having the same issue... For more info read here : (http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/ep121-slate/42878-i-cant-get-pen-work-touchtablet-3.html#post243374)

Btw. Harald (are you norweigan? :) )

Best,
    Micha

4. harald

harald Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't thik the order of the other drivers mathers.
    I've read your post on the problem with the pen.
    It was different for me as the pen did work since the beginning. I couldn't calibrate it and the pressure sensivity didn't work either.

But I had the same message, "the tablet is not known " or whatever Windows states.
    I deleted the drivers One by one and running CCleaner after each unsinstall.
    Then reboot at each time :p !

Then I install I presume the touch panel in first, then the pen, then the isd, running CCcleaner for each and rebooting carefully for each too.

Then in the panel control, turn on small/big picture instead off by family/category and you 'll see the Isd picture. Clic on it go to advance and make it work.
    It worked for me.

Well, half, by my mother,
    are you russian ?

Best,
    Micha

5. nocivo

nocivo Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for your explaination :)

I see, so it actually did work for you in the beginning. Well I am running out of ideas what to do, it simply won't install anything to do with wacom! And what is really annoying me is that after the complete reinstall of the recovery dvds the tablet should at least register the pen but it doesn't !

btw. I am Swedish :)

6. harald

harald Pen Pal - Newbie

Mmmh, that' od.

It works with touch but not with the pen.

It's time for experimentation.
    Before finding the solution for my problem, I installed the wacom driver for intuos and cintiq by anger :Wacom Europe GmbH
    It gave a result, the tablet was known.

Maybe, you've got an hardware problem and wharever you try, you won't fixit whithout putting your hands in the cambouis (french expression).

Did you buy it local ? Can you make it serviced ?

7. nocivo

nocivo Pen Pal - Newbie

Unfortunately, i didn't buy it locally. I bought it through Amazon.com and I live in London, UK.
    Apparently I could only get a refund at this time because they can't have it exchanged! (They're out of stock, I just checked online)

Why did you install cintiq and intous drivers for your eee slate ? And how did it if at all did improve your tablet?

Best,
    Micha

8. harald

harald Pen Pal - Newbie

I've got a cintiq, and I'm planning to use it with the slate as it's handling my programs nicely.
    But as said previuosly, I was stuk with drivers and an unknown tablet. Trying every possible solution made me try the cintiq driver.
    By the way , did you try to clean your registry with ccleaner before installing the isd driver ?
    Can you post a print screen of your configuration panel in small icon mode ?

9. nocivo

nocivo Pen Pal - Newbie

I haven't tried to clean my registry with cc cleaner ...

There shouldn't be any faulty register things going on since I've only installed via the recovery dvds and each time I guess they wipe the disk completely before extracting the recovery image data, should it?

Here is the images:
    ImageShack Album - 9 images

I've got a few intous 3 n 4 at home, wasn't thinking about using any of them with the slate though.

Best,
    Micha

10. harald

harald Pen Pal - Newbie

here is mine : https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/D7EQj4RJ0f84FtmmUbrdglZNgMM_cfM3R5mQNdxYBpI?feat=directlink

yu can see the difference.
    You posted that you used the recovery cd, did you try the latest deicer found here ? ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/EeePAD/EP121/

Those are the only one you should install. Especially : ISD_DualTouch_702-21.rar-

You can unrar it with 7-zip, free program and right clic install as administrator. But BEFORE, uninstall rhe wacom driver and run ccleaner.
    That's my method, do
    n't know if it'S the good one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.