after fresh install Win8 Pro (clean install), all mysterious issues solved (LiveUpdate, sleep etc)

Discussion in 'Asus' started by wataru, May 26, 2013.

1. taktiki2006

taktiki2006 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi. Can I use gps sensor or gnss on me400c?
    How can I use encompass?

2. anothergo

anothergo Pen Pal - Newbie

After corrupting my windows 8 installation and being unable to do a factory reinstall I was left with an unuseable m/c with the only option a fresh installation so this thread proved invaluable.

A few thoughts that might help others

Make sure the tablet is fully charged before you start as its takes quite a long time.

You must used the otg adapter for an ASUS 36 pin device, no other method will let you get the tablet in necessary master mode for a fresh installation (the otg function), I purchased mine on ebay for £5.60.

I found my existing keyboard 36pin socket was not use so connected directly to the tablet

You can download the Rufus tool to formulate your USB drive and copy Windows 8.1 (UEFI Fat32)

I had to try 3 different USB Hub's until I found one that tablet could see both USB Keyboard and USB flash drive.

Previous Booting instructions are great, so follow them, my experience it takes a few minutes after selecting the USB drive before the installation procedure starts, I thought I had made a mistake in making my USB drive so did it serveral times before leaving my m/c in the installation mode to have a cup of tea and on return found the installation had then started.

I found the installation is a lot slower than on a conventional Laptop but works.

On completion and installtion of drivers m/c appears to work fine.

Next take is to install Windows 10.

Dont forget the cup of tea as its essential.

3. anothergo

anothergo Pen Pal - Newbie

Update, I have now installed Windows 10 and installed the driver update for graphics from Microsoft using the windows update procedure. All works except USB functions where it would appear another driver is required which I dont have and cant find. Anybody solved this problem?

4. wataru

wataru Scribbler - Standard Member

I don't have the tablet with me. I would suggest trying to use the hardware ID to search for drivers on Google. Here is a tutorial how to find the hardware ID for unknown drivers.

Alternatively, if you successfully install all drivers under Windows 8.1, you can use the upgrade option to upgrade to Windows 10 (instead of a clean install). This should inherit the drivers and you won't need to install them again.