after fresh install Win8 Pro (clean install), all mysterious issues solved (LiveUpdate, sleep etc)

Discussion in 'Asus' started by wataru, May 26, 2013.

1. wataru

wataru Scribbler - Standard Member

It won't. I did that. Upgrading to Win 8 Pro will carry all those issues with it. Only a clean install can solve those issues.

2. wataru

I did create a backup image in case I need to revert to factory image

3. schwarz86

schwarz86 Pen Pal - Newbie

how did you do that? I just know the process with an external boot with a boot cd. But I don't have a DVD/CD so no chance...

4. wataru

You can either use 'Windows 7 File Recovery' tool in control panel or use 'Create a Recovery Drive' (mark the checkbox 'copy recovery partition to the drive'). The first option can be used with an external hard drive (enough space and NTFS format required). The second option works with a USB Thumb Drive. Both methods give you option to create a boot USB drive that can be used to boot your computer into recovery mode.

5. schwarz86

schwarz86 Pen Pal - Newbie

I have not that huge issues with my device so I am not sure whether I should do it or not.
    But in case I will risk it I will come back to you. Maybe you could write a short description with some screenshots if it is not overkill.

6. wataru

For installation, beachman has given a pretty detail step by step instructions in a previous thread.

The only real issue I cannot live with my old system is that it cannot wake up from deep sleep. That's why I have to opt for a clean install. If you have other minor issues, they could probably be still in a fresh install.

The installation or recovery does cause frustrations at times. I recalled the first time I did the fresh install, Windows decided to revert back to the old system because it couldn't detect my keyboard within a given time. Then it died after it couldn't find any input devices and it decided the installation was broken and reverted back to my old system. I was nearly blown out by this. I was appalled by the fact that MS WINDOWS thought it was so smart that it could decide whether to keep or discard an installation, regardless whether users like it or not. Windows has become increasingly compelling and lesser in user options in recent years back to Vista.

I believe there are many recovery tutorials on the web that you can use.

7. master2013

master2013 Pen Pal - Newbie

Guys, how much space you get free with a clean install?
    I have the asus me400cl so i hope its the same process i saw here

8. swidwaks

swidwaks Scribbler - Standard Member

9. LucaAu83

LucaAu83 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,
    the same error here, I can't use my product key...
    How did you do?

10. fantomex

fantomex Pen Pal - Newbie

Same issue here. I've used multiple checkers to find my OEM key. Try to download Windows 8 from their product-key-only site, and I see "This product key cannot be used to install a retail version of Windows 8."

In researching this issue, I've found lots of talk about OEM keys being unable to install Windows 8. To anyone that's been successful, any insight as to how? Thanks.