Affordable Tablet PC for drawing/painting (Motion vs. Fujitsu)?

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by Duchessa, Aug 18, 2014.

1. davey

davey Pen Pal - Newbie

Far from being the first

IBM Lenovo X41 Tablet PC - Our Full Review

Lenovo ThinkPad X60 Tablet PC Review

Lenovo ThinkPad X61 Tablet PC Review

Lenovo X201t

yes, it is rugged. I wouldnt throw it off a plane but it will take small falls very well. Aside from generational improvements, it is in many ways the same tablet as the x230t, which I have had the pleasure of accidentally abusing more than I'd like to admit; it hasn't missed a beat. I dont know anything about the J3400, someone else will need to chime in

Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
  2. Duchessa

Duchessa Pen Pal - Newbie

Great links, thank you!
    Haha, that's good for me, since I am pretty clumsy... Though I like to think I'm pretty good about not damaging my portable electronics.

I'm getting pretty sold on the x220t now. :) I still am a little curious about the J3400 if anyone has any info on it, as well as if anyone has had any experiences using Photoshop, Paint Tool Sai, etc. on them. Though from what I've read the x220 seems to be great for sketching and some coloring, which is perfect for me.

3. Duchessa

Does anyone know if I would be better off getting an x201t instead of an x220t? It has a better vertical resolution (since I'm using it for drawing) and I don't really need the fastest processor around. I doubt I will use anything that requires more RAM than Photoshop. It also looks to be about a $100-$200 difference.
    Is installing Wacom drivers about the same for the two, if anyone knows? I read someone had some difficulty installing them on the x201t.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
  4. greenblob

greenblob Pen Pal - Newbie

From what I've heard (I have an X220t but I've never used an X201t before), the X220t has better battery life (I get around 5-7 hours), support for up to 16 GB RAM, and an IPS display (although the ghosting is really annoying). I haven't had any issues with Wacom drivers on mine.

5. cleft

cleft Scribbler - Standard Member

Wacom driver installed just fine on my x201t. X220T however has the second core-i generation which is considerably more efficient than the first gen in x201t, so may be tad cooler and faster. I wouldn't worry too much about 16:9 ratio though. In the end I never found myself finishing my work in portrait mode.

6. Duchessa

Battery life isn't too big of a deal with me because most times I won't use it more than 3 hours without plugging it in, but the ability to have that much RAM is tempting... though I am unsure of how much RAM is really necessary for what I'm doing. What is the difference between the x201t's and x220t's displays? Also, phew, I'm glad multiple people haven't had a problem with Wacom drivers. Thanks for the info!

It's good to hear that the x220t's resolution didn't really bother you, because I'm still on the fence about which to get. I guess it really all just boils down to speed and memory, but my problem is that I don't know if going the "more than enough" route will end up being worth the extra money. Thanks for the reply :)

7. Duchessa

Would it be worth it to get an i7 x201t with 4GB of RAM and then add if necessary? (Though I doubt I will need to add)

8. Muzun

Muzun Pen Pal - Newbie

i have used motion le1700 and it was pretty good. here is a video about motion 1600

Cheap TabletPc for Photoshop Painting, Flash Animating and SketcBook Pro Sketching

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017