Advice of the best remote desktop software

Discussion in 'The Tablet PC Life' started by algordon1980, Oct 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. algordon1980

algordon1980 Pen Pal - Newbie

I am looking for some advice on which remote desktop software would work well with my Motorola Xoom and iPad 2.

I am currently using TeamViewer but would like to know if there is anything better out there.

2. claudiu83

claudiu83 Pen Pal - Newbie

for windows i used, a long time ago, CrossLoop
    because is the simplest to connect.
    they have a free version and supports even Mac.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. Stan S.

Stan S. Scribbler - Standard Member

Splashtop (30fps and audio support Main product page for Splashtop Remote Desktop) is pretty good and you can put it on both your Android and IOS devices to get to a windows desktop. They charge for each, it's $1.99 on ios (last I checked) they're having a sale on Android, $.99 and $3.99 for the HD version). You can put it on as many Windows computers as you want for free. (but the remote is not windows, windows to IOS, Android, webOS). You need a Gmail account, and ipad version only works with Win7, while the others work with XP, Vista, Win7.

The one issue that I've encountered is that sometime when you have multiple frames of data that you can scroll in a single window (gmail, chrome) the scroll gesture (two fingers) takes a bit to kick in on my device and sometimes I can't tell which frame is the active one until it moves.

While some people say its a hog on Windows, I have not found that to be true anymore than a lot of other programs, it can but heads with the AV/AS/Firewall software but once that's configured it's fine.

I can play HD video though to the tablet.

4. ted01

ted01 Pen Pal - Newbie

Logmein is quite good: https://secure.logmein.com/
    It is free and multiplatform supported including Android, iOS, Mac and Windows.

5. Mydixiwrecked00

Mydixiwrecked00 Scribbler - Standard Member

I use parallels mobile app. Was using splash top but this one seems to just get the job done a little better.

6. davidroger

davidroger Pen Pal - Newbie

TeamViewer is best for remotely accessing laptop, computers etc. from iPad or Smartphone's. In addition to it, one can even have view only remote connection between iPad, Smartphone's and computers by deploying on premise remote support appliance such as RHUB appliances. Browser is required.

7. pmatulew

pmatulew Scribbler - Standard Member

iTap Mobile RDP is another option.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.