Advanced Port Rep III with dual monitors..

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by SteveBalderrama, Feb 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteveBalderrama

SteveBalderrama Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi. I have an M4 that I would like to use with dual monitors, with the M4 as the secondary monitor and the external as the primary. I understand that the Multi-Dock II could do this, but it has been discontinued. I'd prefer to use the DVI on the APRIII anyway, can it work in this configuration? Without any replicator it seems that the M4 can only use dual monitors cloned or with it's LCD as the primary.

Thanks.

2. poetdante

poetdante Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

You don't really need a multidock. just plug in the monitor to the vha out. and I use my r15 as my primary monitor because that is where the keyboard is.

3. Brian

Brian Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I've never looked into Toshiba dockng solutions in detail, but I don't see why that would be a problem.

4. SteveBalderrama

SteveBalderrama Pen Pal - Newbie

As far as I can tell, there is no way to use the external VGA monitor out as the primary and the M4 as secondary. The Multidock II specifically mentioned supporting that configuration, but I don't know if the APRIII will.

I use an external keyboard and mouse when the machine is actually "on the desk" and the desktop monitor is 1600x1200, so I prefer to use that monitor as the primary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.