Adobe Illustrator Issues

Discussion in 'Software' started by kruzilla, Oct 9, 2016.

1. kruzilla

kruzilla Scribbler - Standard Member

So, I've discovered that even on my t935 (after having bought and returned a Yoga followed by the SP4 ) Adobe Illustrator doesn't work properly. The digitizer seems have to have a lot of difficulty registering my pen strokes when using the pen tool (and stylus, of course). I had the exact same problem with those previous 2 computers too. Now I feel kinda bad for returning those other computers for the same reason.

I thought maybe it the high resolution and Illustrator doesn't really allow for enlarging its anchor points (something Adobe really needs to fix) so I tried to lower the res by half. It didn't work. Now, I'm back on my t901 because AI works just fine on it. Any ideas out there why this might be the case? Thanks!

2. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Is this the latest version? Ever try switching to the touch UI?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. kruzilla

It is the latest version, yes, but I haven't tried switching to Touch.

4. kruzilla

Hmm. Well, I tried "Touch" and it's a bit of an improvement but my t901 is still superior. Has anyone else had the same issues with AI? As I mentioned above, I've had the same problem with EMR, AES and N-Trig and changing the resolution hasn't helped. Anyone know what this could be?

5. egypturnash

egypturnash Pen Pal - Newbie

Illustrator seems to hate anything but Wacom's drivers, l had major issues with the first half second of every pencil/brush tool stroke getting dropped when I had a Surface 4.

Everyone said "uninstall the WinTab drivers" but this did nothing as I'd never installed them in the first place.

One thing I saw suggested after I'd returned the thing was to go to the Pen and Touch control panel, double-click on "press and hold: right-click", then uncheck "enable press and hold for right-clicking". I haven't tried this as I ended up getting a Wacom Mobile Studio, which is not without its issues (heavy, expensive, no kickstand, weird size that fits no bags comfortably) but actually works with the art program I'm buying the damn thing to use.